should i worry?

Miss becky

I have a younge male yemen cham and am a little worried as to me his eyes do look a bit sunken but he eats fine i mist him regularly he has a waterfall which he drinks from and other than that he seems healthy so i dont know if its me being a paniky new owner or if it is something i should be worring about as i have noticed it for a couple of weeks now
any reply's will be really apprecitated

Greetings, Miss Becky. Hope your little guy is doing OK. You wrote in an earlier post about him and your set up.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/wud-love-some-answers-10976/

Dectr6 gave some good advice about specific changes you should make for the wellbeing of your cham. It wasn't clear how much of that advice you were able to follow. Have you changed the lighting, and checked the ambient and basking temps and humidity levels? Have you actually seen him drinking from the waterfall (not really recommended for chams because they can breed bacteria), and does he ever drink while you are misting him?

From the earlier thread it looked as though you were given some incorrect advice on chameleon housing, etc., when you purchased your cham. Could you describe your current set up? Hopefully you've been able to make a few changes, although I know it can be costly.

Last edited:
yea i've changed all what i have been able to hes alot higher now so he stands about 6ft at the top of his cage his temps are all ok i do a 12 hour off n on system with his lighting i hanevt been able to get a humidity gage ive seen him drink from his waterfall and he drinks when i mist him and give him showers the onlt thing i havent been able to do and really want to is get him a flexarium insted of the wood n glass vavarium he's in.he has a far beeter varied diet now he has hoppers,black and brown crickits,meal worms, wax moth larvia and wax moths and i give him his suplements about 1ce a week.

Back
Top Bottom