Should I get a Veiled Chameleon??

jackson08

So I am trying to figure out if I want to get a Veiled Cham or not. I have had a few Jacksons and love them I just think it's time to try a new species. I would love to hear some input on them and what kind of bulbs and things I would need for the cage. Anything will help! Thanks!

In my opinion, I don't like Veileds. They tend to be aggressive and problematic.
At least from my experience. I know there are a lot of people on here with happy friendly Veileds. It honestly just depends on the lizard and all mine just happened to be evil.
But I have Jackson's, pygmies, senegals and panthers and they are great!

How are senegals? Do they get pretty colorful? I heard they are pretty simple to keep as well is that true? Thanks!

Hi!

Don't be "anti-Veiled". I've seen so many pictures of owner interacting with their veileds (including kissing them) that I have to think they can be friendly, lovely animals...

I think every chameleon needs to be bought with the understanding that it might not be cuddly.

However, there is one species I've heard is very friendly so much more likely to be a good "hands on" chameleon. That's senegals.

But, they are not colorful. Think bigger, thinner Jackson's without the cool horns....

How are senegals? Do they get pretty colorful? I heard they are pretty simple to keep as well is that true? Thanks!

I love senegals.
All mine are angels.
They don't get very colorful just yellows and greens.
But care isn't too much different.
I'd still say do your research.
But I'm not saying don't get a veiled just giving my personal opinion. I've met a lot of very friendly veileds I've just never had luck with them personally.
Like I said just depends on the individual lizard!

Hi!

Don't be "anti-Veiled". I've seen so many pictures of owner interacting with their veileds (including kissing them) that I have to think they can be friendly, lovely animals...

I think every chameleon needs to be bought with the understanding that it might not be cuddly.

However, there is one species I've heard is very friendly so much more likely to be a good "hands on" chameleon. That's senegals.

But, they are not colorful. Think bigger, thinner Jackson's without the cool horns....

I'm not anti veiled I've just never had luck with them liking me haha

And senegals are great!
Ours love to be handled and are only hand fed.
They are so friendly!
But honestly any Cham can be that way!

Hi!

Actually there is a CB Senegal listed on the classifieds right now. I have had a couple Senegals, and they were all WC. Some where friendly, and others were terrified of people. The one female I had would sit on your hand until you moved then she dove to the floor. I do agree tho, Senegals seem to be the friendliest. Does anyone have experience with Carpet Chameleons? I was thinking of purchashing a pair of these. The females are very colorful.

Back
Top Bottom