Should I Be Worried?

MeruJack

Avid Member
I have a female Jackson's Xanth that hooked up with a male for three days during the last week of July. This is the last week of April so she is now 9 months pregnant. I've had the "nursery" ready for three months. Should I be concerned that she hasn't given birth yet? (By the way, I AM worried!) She is in an 18x18x36 screen enclosure. Basking temp is 80 degrees w/ambient temps in the 70's and night time temp around 69. Humidity about 60% with higher spikes. She eats off and on. I try to move her feeding cup to wherever she is in the enclosure at feeding time to make it easier for her to eat if she chooses to. I am using a spray bottle to make sure she drinks enough water. I have tried covering her enclosure to provide privacy but after a few days of no babies, I end up uncovering it again. Any suggestions?

I mist 2-3 times a day with warm water. She loves her mini 3 minute showers. Maybe I'll give her a 30 minute shower today.

It's pretty much a hurry up and wait game. There isn't a timer on prego chameleons. If she's fat as a cow she's close to giving birth. Just keep on taking great care of her and one day soon you will be coming home to some new babies. If she's carrying a second brood those babies will come much quicker.

Back
Top Bottom