Should I be worried about a hanging chain?

Sirkssim

I am working on my Veiled Chameleon Zant's big enclosure. 2x2x4.

I have two golden pothos in there hanging from the top with chain and wood piece going across to hold the weight.

Should I be worried about him climbing the chain and hurting his feet or anything?

I have included a picture of what is in there so far.

Sidenote: The brown jungle vines will be wrapped with fake foliage to give him some more hiding space and stuff. I will also use the plant vines themselves once they grown some more and will eventually be all live plant and no fake ivy. I also have another plant to repot that will be in the bottom. It's a dracena(sp?). I am also eventually going to replace his small like 18 inch UVB with a huge 40 something that will be mounted on the wall behind his cage and two sides will be wrapped in a wood graphic paper kind of thing to give him more privacy.
His basking light will go in the back corner.
More branches will be added once I can find some(looking for bamboo or something i can use easily.

Attachments

• Zantcage.jpg
    Zantcage.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 140
chain should be ok.

most people use plastic chain, but if you wrap some fake vines around it it should be even better.

The #8 plastic chain I bought from the hardware store states it's maximum load as 175 pounds. I like it to hang my branches and vines from it, and because it won't rust. As long as you're hanging it from something that can handle the load, I would think it would be fine.

Guys, really, plastic chain does work.

Action Jackson uses it in his cages with tons of dowels and plants.

I'm not saying it doesn't work but I wasn't sure about how it would hold the plants. The fake ivy I have is like chain link and it's too weak for anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom