Should be laying soon

Thompson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Well about two days ago I could finally see small lumps (eggs) poking out on ariel's stomach. Today I came home and found her in her laying bin. I left her alone for a while and could hear her walking all over her cage. I assumed she wanted a bigger laying bin so I put her in a large trash can with play sand and organic soil half way filled. I covered it up and made a small peep hole so I can look from time to time. Well she's been walking all over the trash can and I haven't seen her digging. She's been in it for about 5 hours now. I was wondering will she stay up during the night and dig her a tunnel? Since she is so active right now does this mean she is going to lay in the next few days? This is me and her first time dealing with eggs and I am so nervous!

I had a female like that and I did the same thing, and she never used the big trash can, she just paced forever, eventually I put her back in her cage and after several more attempts I stopped doing it. She had three bins in her regular cage and she ended up using her plant:rolleyes: good luck! Happy times:)

Lol well I hope she uses the trash can! Her pot for her plant is way to small for her to dig and lay eggs in. Well looks like she went to sleep, lights are out and hopefully tomorrow she'll dig and lay the eggs.

Thanks laurie! I'm trying to stay calm lol. I peeked in on her and could see she had soil on her face so I guess this means she started digging? I think I can also see a beginning of a tunnel but I'm not sure. I have my fingers crossed :D

Well I peeked in on her and saw she has turned around in a tunnel on the side so I'm thinking she's laying. I can also hear light thuds coming from the side of the bin, her tunnel is right on the side. Are these the eggs I'm hearing being layed?

yea prolly an hey congrats shawn i know ya been worring i have a female faly diggin today but these should be fertile..

Congrats to you Rob! Good luck with her and the up coming clutch :) this is both exciting and nerve wrecking business!

Lol she tricked me. She must have just been relaxing for a bit. She's tunneled down further so the wait starts over again. I can hear her digging like there is treasure at the bottom lol.

Well she finished laying. I found 17 eggs. To small? What concerns me is she doesn't look skinny and she isn't exhuasted really.

Just read that in your other thread!
Sounds like all is well! Just leave the bin in her cage so she can use it if she needs to and just keep an eye on her and if she shows any signs of going down hill get her to a vet right away.

Ok I will keep a close eye on her while also giving her space incase she does happen to go downhill. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom