Shipping

slewis8128

Established Member
can anyone please help me learn how to ship a chameleon? People outside my state want them, but this is my first time shipping them! Any advice would be greatly appreciated and helpful. Want my littles to make it to thier homes safe and with as little stress as possible.

So this is a common shipping service that a lot of our experienced keepers/breeders use https://shipyourreptiles.com/

But right now with covid they are not guaranteeing overnight delivery because fed ex is having issues. Read through their information. They are very informative.

FedEx overnight shipping is having allot of delays due to the Corvid. Some delays up to 4 days or longer and in rare cases some are not traceable and they don’t know where they went and some DOA’s from the delays. It’s really not safe to ship. My husband and I took a long road trip and delivered my babies.

How does everyone go about a refund? If the cham dies in shipping???

Since there’s no guarantees through the shipping places if you ship a baby that dies or was totally lost in shipping then you would would have to refund the buyer for the shipping he paid and the amount he paid for the baby. Normally, when shipping is safe, the shipping places would pay this as long as you purchase the insurance.

FedEx overnight shipping is having allot of delays due to the Corvid. Some delays up to 4 days or longer and in rare cases some are not traceable and they don’t know where they went and some DOA’s from the delays. It’s really not safe to ship. My husband and I took a long road trip and delivered my babies.
I wish I could drive but going from NY to OR isn't in my future lol

I use Ship your Reptiles and as mentioned above FedEx is not honoring the live arrival guarantee currently. To ship a Jack Jack or other montane this time of year you will need to include a special cold pack. The shipping box comes with styrofoam inserts. You put the cham in a small deli cup at the bottom with a stick and a leaf or damp towel, a few layers of paper in between and tape the reptile cold pack to the inside of the top foam piece. Ship your Reptiles has all these instructions on their site.

Be sure to ship from a fedex hub near you to a fedex hub near them where they will have to pick up in person and sign for it so bring ID.

I wish I could drive but going from NY to OR isn't in my future lol

I love my babies very much and I could not bare something happening to any of them and with 28 babies something would have most likely happen to some of them. We rented a van and we drove all over the US delivering babies in two separate road trips lasting over three weeks to over 20 different states. I only had two local pickups.

I love my babies very much and I could not bare something happening to any of them and with 28 babies something would have most likely happen to some of them. We rented a van and we drove all over the US delivering babies in two separate road trips lasting over three weeks to over 20 different states. I only had two local pickups.
Unfortunately not an option for us. Sounds amazing though and fun!

My wife would be ecstaticed to road trip like that lol.. they are Machakos Hills Jackson chameleons

You better be really careful with those little guys. I’d highly recommend the Cryopak for shipping this time of the year. You can see it here:
https://shipyourreptiles.com/shop/phase22/product

You will also get some good info from my older thread from the first time I shipped babies.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/shipping-babies-tell-me-how-to-do-it.41072/

can anyone please help me learn how to ship a chameleon? People outside my state want them, but this is my first time shipping them! Any advice would be greatly appreciated and helpful. Want my littles to make it to thier homes safe and with as little stress as possible.
how far can you throw? also, do your chems mind being thrown? also, are your customers any good at catching? depending on your answers i might have a creative solution for you

Back
Top Bottom