Shipping Superworms

Currently i have a bin for supers, a bin for crickets, a bin for dubias/discoids, a bin for silkies and a separate bin for gutloading for putting all the feeders in one bin (crickets and dubias) Going to pick up BSFL when he gets here.
Dat's a lotta bugz. All for one 3 mo. old chammy? o_O
:ROFLMAO:

okay maybe not silkies ? but like i said i wanna my baby boy lots of variety. see what he likes and doesn’t like ya know? ?
It is a wonderful variety... I have dubia, crickets, BSFL, hornworms, and silkworms on order... Providing them a variety is key. It may take a bit of time for him to try something if he has not had it before just keep offering. A lot of breeders only give crickets.

It is a wonderful variety... I have dubia, crickets, BSFL, hornworms, and silkworms on order... Providing them a variety is key. It may take a bit of time for him to try something if he has not had it before just keep offering. A lot of breeders only give crickets.
i wanna wait to feed hornworms because they literally double size in one or two days, just wanted to order the longer shelf life feeders before he gets here in a week or two

do you use any bedding for dubias/discoids? i have old fashioned oatmeal for my supers

i wanna wait to feed hornworms because they literally double size in one or two days, just wanted to order the longer shelf life feeders before he gets here in a week or two

do you use any bedding for dubias/discoids? i have old fashioned oatmeal for my supers
Yeah I have Beman so I am good on hornworms lol. But I also live fairly close to the distributor I buy from so less time in shipping.
I do not have anything in the bottom. I like it bare because I rotate my bins regularly for dubia and crickets. Stuff in the bottom makes this much harder unless you have them set up bio active with clean up crew and all.

Yeah I have Beman so I am good on hornworms lol. But I also live fairly close to the distributor I buy from so less time in shipping.
I do not have anything in the bottom. I like it bare because I rotate my bins regularly for dubia and crickets. Stuff in the bottom makes this much harder unless you have them set up bio active with clean up crew and all.
so bare bottom for dubias and crickets.. Cool!

i wanna my baby boy lots of variety. see what he likes and doesn’t like ya know? ?
Oh, yeah... I know. BT-DT.
do you use any bedding for dubias/discoids?
I use PT & TP tubes stacked vertically. They take up less space than egg crate (I'm not breeding), and work like cricket tubes. I can pull one out, rap on the side and a few drop into the feeder bowl. EZ-PZ. :)

Oh, yeah... I know. BT-DT.

I use PT & TP tubes. They take up less space than egg crate (I'm not breeding), and work like cricket tubes. I can pull one out, rap on the side and a few drop into the feeder bowl. EZ-PZ. :)
nice! that’s a great idea! i have a separate bin for gutloading so i’ll do that. Once i know the pick up date for my cham i’ll buy all my crickets and BSFL accordingly

nice! that’s a great idea! i have a separate bin for gutloading so i’ll do that. Once i know the pick up date for my cham i’ll buy all my crickets and BSFL accordingly
You probably know already, but both those feeders can (not necessarily will) have shorter shelf lives; I didn't have very good luck with either. YMMV.

If you want to breed roaches, I always suggest a substrate. They simply do better with the security. It'a not needed in cases like dubia, but does help noticeably with breeding. For simply feeding off, barebottom is fine. Discoids (which I prefer over dubia) for me do much better with a slightly moist substrate than barebottom.

Oats are said to bind minerals, calcium included and do not make a great bedding/food if you're going to be regularly feeding them off. I'd suggest just keeping them in a dry substrate like cocofiber and adding in fruits/veggies along with a high quality dry gutload. For mine that I feed off, I just keep them in a bin with a layer of dry gutload mix on the bottom.

If you want to breed roaches, I always suggest a substrate. They simply do better with the security. It'a not needed in cases like dubia, but does help noticeably with breeding. For simply feeding off, barebottom is fine. Discoids (which I prefer over dubia) for me do much better with a slightly moist substrate than barebottom.

Oats are said to bind minerals, calcium included and do not make a great bedding/food if you're going to be regularly feeding them off. I'd suggest just keeping them in a dry substrate like cocofiber and adding in fruits/veggies along with a high quality dry gutload. For mine that I feed off, I just keep them in a bin with a layer of dry gutload mix on the bottom.
Cool! Will do! Should i take out the oatmeal for superworms? I plan on throwing in some leafy greens and carrots and potatoes as well.

I’ll go bare bottom for discoids :)

Back
Top Bottom