Shipping Superworms

emilhayek

Established Member
Hey all! So im wondering if anyone knows any company or shop that sells superworms with cold packs? im in fort worth, texas and its super hot. high of 100 and low of 80. preferably a 250 count box. Thanks!

I’m in texas also. I order from Lindasgobebuggie and they work great without cool pack. Shipping is pretty quick and usually USPS won’t leave the supers on the porch they ring the doorbell and get them inside.

I’m in texas also. I order from Lindasgobebuggie and they work great without cool pack. Shipping is pretty quick and usually USPS won’t leave the supers on the porch they ring the doorbell and get them inside.
Cool, thanks! ill look into it!

FWIW, superworms aren't supposed to be refrigerated; IDK how "cool" a cool pack gets, or if it could be deleterious.

I find a vendor—Phat Jack Farms—in Grand Prairie. IDK anything about them—just found them on google.

I highly recommend cool packs if you live anywhere that it is above 80 or they have a long distance to travel where they will be exposed to hot temps. Heat packs should be used in the winter as well if you have extreme weather conditions.

I highly recommend cool packs if you live anywhere that it is above 80 or they have a long distance to travel where they will be exposed to hot temps. Heat packs should be used in the winter as well if you have extreme weather conditions.
my plan was to overnight it while it’s in the low 80s (in the middle of the night and morning) and get it dropped off in the morning because texas is so hot right now! Gotta order my supers and dubias soon, baby gets here in a week or two!

my plan was to overnight it while it’s in the low 80s (in the middle of the night and morning) and get it dropped off in the morning because texas is so hot right now! Gotta order my supers and dubias soon, baby gets here in a week or two!

Linda’sgonebuggie works well as I said before. I’ve had no problem with them with 100 degree weather. They come in 3 days and all of the feeders are alive. Maybe 1 or 2 dead crickets but everything else i ordered came alive and good.

FYI your going to pay a ton for overnight and may still not get it. Shipping has been horrible. Fed ex is not even guaranteeing their overnight shipments right now. Just go with a company that can ship out with a cool pack and hold it at your post office rather then delivering it.

Linda’sgonebuggie works well as I said before. I’ve had no problem with them with 100 degree weather. They come in 3 days and all of the feeders are alive. Maybe 1 or 2 dead crickets but everything else i ordered came alive and good.
I’ll have to email her, i didn’t see any small superworms in a 250 count.

FYI your going to pay a ton for overnight and may still not get it. Shipping has been horrible. Fed ex is not even guaranteeing their overnight shipments right now. Just go with a company that can ship out with a cool pack and hold it at your post office rather then delivering it.
man i know, i work for UPS and it’s so bad, no guarantees at all.

Do you know any company’s that ship with cool packs?

i just spoke to her over the phone and she does custom orders! I’ll order from her tonight!

man i know, i work for UPS and it’s so bad, no guarantees at all.

Do you know any company’s that ship with cool packs?
most have it to where you pay a few bucks extra to add a cool pack or heat pack depending on time of year. I would reach out to Linda's gone buggie. Almost everyone else is delaying their shipping due to the volume of orders they are receiving. I buy from rainbow mealworms for the bulk of my feeders. They are delayed 2 weeks right now on orders shipping. But you can pay a fee to have it ship faster. Essentially they move your order up. But they have cool packs you can add. And I highly recommend the hold at post office for shipping most delivery trucks are not airconditioned so they will not guarantee live arrival if it is not held for pick up at the post office.
If your a week off from getting your chameleon you need to place an order asap though.

most have it to where you pay a few bucks extra to add a cool pack or heat pack depending on time of year. I would reach out to Linda's gone buggie. Almost everyone else is delaying their shipping due to the volume of orders they are receiving. I buy from rainbow mealworms for the bulk of my feeders. They are delayed 2 weeks right now on orders shipping. But you can pay a fee to have it ship faster. Essentially they move your order up. But they have cool packs you can add. And I highly recommend the hold at post office for shipping most delivery trucks are not airconditioned so they will not guarantee live arrival if it is not held for pick up at the post office.
If your a week off from getting your chameleon you need to place an order asap though.
Linda puts egg cartons and news paper on the insides of the box so it doesn’t get very hot. I have the 300 supers in my cart, just waiting for her to get back to me for 50 small discoids (She lives in florida so no dubias)

Linda puts egg cartons and news paper on the insides of the box so it doesn’t get very hot. I have the 300 supers in my cart, just waiting for her to get back to me for 50 small discoids (She lives in florida so no dubias)
What all are you planning on feeding? Superworms should not be the main staple of the diet. What is the age and species of chameleon your getting?

chameleon-food(1).jpg

What all are you planning on feeding? Superworms should not be the main staple of the diet. What is the age and species of chameleon your getting?

View attachment 271645
For sure! I was only going to use supers like once a week maybe 1 or 2 in the feeder cup as a treat. Currently i have a bin for supers, a bin for crickets, a bin for dubias/discoids, a bin for silkies and a separate bin for gutloading for putting all the feeders in one bin (crickets and dubias) Going to pick up BSFL when he gets here.

i just wanted to buy the feeders that have a longer shelf life right now instead of waiting like you said.

it’ll be a 3 month old male panther

For sure! I was only going to use supers like once a week maybe 1 or 2 in the feeder cup as a treat. Currently i have a bin for supers, a bin for crickets, a bin for dubias/discoids, a bin for silkies and a separate bin for gutloading for putting all the feeders in one bin (crickets and dubias) Going to pick up BSFL when he gets here.

i just wanted to buy the feeders that have a longer shelf life right now instead of waiting like you said.

it’ll be a 3 month old panther
Perfect ok I thought you understood that I just wanted to make sure LOL. Your doing great then. They go through a ton of food at first then it is like nothing when they hit that 1 year mark lol.

Perfect ok I thought you understood that I just wanted to make sure LOL. Your doing great then. They go through a ton of food at first then it is like nothing when they hit that 1 year mark lol.
Haha i gotcha! I just wanna give my baby boy a variety of food. see what he likes and what he doesn’t like ?

also! i haven’t posted a new cage update. it’s looks wayyyyyy better than it previous did. here’s a before and after pic. after adding more branches, a long pothos vine and moving the basking bulb.

Attachments

• F41EAC6F-229E-4BEE-9550-7CA80D7F3200.jpeg
    F41EAC6F-229E-4BEE-9550-7CA80D7F3200.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 5475953D-551F-4647-AC2C-155FA8400ED6.jpeg
    5475953D-551F-4647-AC2C-155FA8400ED6.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom