Shipping in VA

felo

Question about cost shipping a cham in VA.
The breeder asks me in addition of the Cham price ( i already send money to her for this part) to pay $40 for a vet certif and $100 for a transfer Ownership. But she doesn’t want to show any receipts. Does anybody knows if it’s regular? Shipping from Alabama to Virginia ( Fairfax County). Where can I find the official info ? Thank you for your help

Decadancin

Moderatoris Americanus
Staff member
Question about cost shipping a cham in VA.
The breeder asks me in addition of the Cham price ( i already send money to her for this part) to pay $40 for a vet certif and $100 for a transfer Ownership. But she doesn’t want to show any receipts. Does anybody knows if it’s regular? Shipping from Alabama to Virginia ( Fairfax County). Where can I find the official info ? Thank you for your help
Only thing needed is price of chameleon plus shipping cost and both should be disclosed before any money changes hands. I would get my money back if you can. Sounds like a scam. A vet certificate is made up. Just something to say the animal is healthy? A reputable breeder should only sell healthy animals. Transfer of Ownership? That is what you pay for when you purchase a chameleon. Shipping is generally through Fed-Ex and, just as if you bought an animal from the pet store, when you get the receipt that says you paid, you own the animal.

Scam... :mad:

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
Only thing needed is price of chameleon plus shipping cost and both should be disclosed before any money changes hands. I would get my money back if you can. Sounds like a scam. A vet certificate is made up. Just something to say the animal is healthy? A reputable breeder should only sell healthy animals. Transfer of Ownership? That is what you pay for when you purchase a chameleon. Shipping is generally through Fed-Ex and, just as if you bought an animal from the pet store, when you get the receipt that says you paid, you own the animal.

100% agree, scam.

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
Don’t know how much you have lost so far but if it isn’t a lot may also want to consider cutting your losses now...

felo

Thank you for your answer! very helpful.. I think you are right it's a scam, a page on facebook "chameleon for sale"... I was too naive...until she asks me for more money without any proof.

felo

If needed the BBB a lot of times will step in and help get your money back
Good idea but unfortunately I don't have enough information about this person and her scam business, it was from a page on FB "chameleon for sale":(

Top Bottom