Shedding?

Jared355

I was wondering if chameleons after each shed get more and more color? Also my chamelon has been shedding for 4 days and is only halfway done.... his humidity is in the 60 to 65% range and i mist and spray him all the time. Im just guessing they shed in sections and they dont always shed fast?

thanks for any help

I was wondering if chameleons after each shed get more and more color? Also my chamelon has been shedding for 4 days and is only halfway done.... his humidity is in the 60 to 65% range and i mist and spray him all the time. Im just guessing they shed in sections and they dont always shed fast?

thanks for any help

How old is he? Younger ones generally shed in a few hours and as they get older it takes longer. My 1+ year old male always seems to have a different part of him shedding, last week it was his sides now its his legs/feet. Just make sure that the shedding skin is not cutting of circulation to body parts. Areas notorious for this are the toes and tail among others.

Oh and yea they generally do show a little more color with each shed :)

No, not always, some shed all over pretty much, Others 'drag it out', just shedding some here or there. Not sure why but I suspect I may be possible that it depends largely on growth.
My chams first 3-4 shed were all over and took a few days, His most recent seems to be only off his casque and he has not shed shed his body/tail again. This is despite ample humidity etc.
Im thinking 'growth spurts (mine is bang on 5 months).

You should start to notice more and more color when your chameleon sheds/gets older. Chameleon's don't always shed in on piece and I'm sure that it can take a couple of days to completely shed. I bet some one else with more experience will chime in with some more knowledgible information.

Wow thats cool my veiled chameleon is about 5 inches from nose to vent...how old would you think he is? The pet shop said he was about 5 months but i dont believe a word they say. He is a male veiled, im fixing to post pictures of him and the shed he is going threw in the photography section

thanks for the quick reply guys! :D

Back
Top Bottom