Shedding only on his legs ..

Cobalt145

Questions:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Nosy Be Panther, Male, 2 years old been in my care since he was 3 months

• Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Every other day due to medication schedule
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Crickets, super worms, wax worms, hornworms. Gut-loaded with veggies and a fluckers/multivitamin mix. Feed every other day 8-10 crickets and 3-4 worms or just one if it’s a large hornworm
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Hand misting twice a day he’s outside and I live in florida (super humid)
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Normal brown and fully white urates he was tested 2 weeks ago and no parasites
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Large zoomed reptibreeze
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? He gets sunlight direct for an hour and indirect rest of the day
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 85-90 basking temp depending on the weather
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Humidity 70-75% hes outside in the shade in florida.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Theres live plants all around his enclosure but not inside he has plastic plants inside.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Top of cage is 5 feet off the ground
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Miami FL

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

-------------- He’s only shedding on and around his legs. I had to take him to the vet because he was keeping one eye closed turns out he had Pseudomona and Staph bacteria in his eye and has been on meds for it. Its oral so to ive it to him I have to grab him from the top and give it to him when he opens his mouth.. its stressful for both him and I. hes doing much better but now he’s shedding only around his legs. Should I be worried? Could it be from the stress of the treatment?

Back
Top Bottom