Shed on eyelids

Escalade

My panther cham shed 7 days ago but he still has dead skin on his eyelids. The humidity in the room is 50-60 percent and when I mist its gets up to 80.

Is this normal? It hasn't happened before.

I Second that shower. With all my reptiles i soak them ( in the cases of my large herps) and shower them ( Chameleons) with warm water when they have shedding trouble. My monitor had the hardest sheds ever! she'd get hour long tubs ! haha. My tegu's get it every other day when they shed and every other week when they don't. They love it though.

I give my chameleon showers ( i put a potted dracaena or other plant in the shower for him to chill in) when he's startin to shed as well as every once and a while. Mind you make sure they have cover and a way to move in and out of the water! You don't want water going down the nose and drowning them.

Mind you , reptiles are cold blooded. Whats warm to you is hot to them, whats hot to you is dangerous to them.

i cant pull it off its not like flaky it looks like its crusted onto his eyelid

Ive had this before on my panthers leg. It didn't shed properly and seemed to fuse back to him. It came off no problem the next time he did shed though

I know this is an older thread, but my male veiled seems to be having this issue now, too! His eyelid has a thick piece of shed on it that won't come off. He has had a warm shower, which seemed to make the piece of skin clearer, but it is still there! He doesn't seem to mind much... But hopefully it will come off next time he sheds!

Back
Top Bottom