Shed lock?

Meow Kitty

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon -Panther cham 1 year old been in my care for 7 months
Handling - every day he practically lunges on to me when i walk by
Feeding - im feeding my chameleon crickets, 5 large 10 mediums they are gutloaded with veggies
Supplements - repcal calium w/ d3 and repcal multi twice a month... and exoterra calcium every feeding except when repcal is used
Watering - i have a hand pump mister, i mist his tree till it drips he drinks it occasionally but usaully drip the water to him from another hand mister since i babied him when he was ill
Fecal Description - brownpoop, looks kinda watery his urate is white except the very end of it is a little yellow
just got back from outa town, gona get a fecal done soon
History - was ill for awhile eye problems

Cage Info:
Cage Type - free range a schufflara about 4 feet tall on a 2 foot table and a smaller bush plant that covers the gap between the wall and the schufflara
Lighting -reptiglow 5.0 20 watt tube light, 12 hours on 12 hours off
Temperature - 94 basking temp- 78-80 lower lvls digital thermometer
Humidity -50- 70, mistking has been set up to maintain it humity. humity guage
Plants -schufflera and uh small bush that he seems to like alot
Placement - corner of the room outa the way
Location - desert :(

Current Problem -from his middle to his hind legs he hasnt shed everything else shedded, but now its been like this for a week or 2 and its turning brown over his white spots i think its rotting ive been trying to increase the humity more and more even give him showers ever day

Hi there! You need to be careful with stuck shed if it's around any imbs or toes as there's a risk of it cutting off circulation. If you're upping the humidity and mistings and it's still not coming off you may want to try VERY gently rubbing the area with a clean damp q tip.

Normally people here wouldn't recommend that you help with stuck shed but the fact it's going brown could be cause for concern. You might want to wait until someone more experienced can tell you better but I would likely go to the vet.

Hope you guys get on ok :)

Hi there! You need to be careful with stuck shed if it's around any imbs or toes as there's a risk of it cutting off circulation. If you're upping the humidity and mistings and it's still not coming off you may want to try VERY gently rubbing the area with a clean damp q tip.

Normally people here wouldn't recommend that you help with stuck shed but the fact it's going brown could be cause for concern. You might want to wait until someone more experienced can tell you better but I would likely go to the vet.

Hope you guys get on ok :)

It's just on his body not his legs but thanks

2weceox.jpg

its like the back 2 white bar, (brown) he's basking right now but they always look like that even when he sleeps

I'm not really seeing much shed? It just looks like he has bruises to me? Can you get a better picture?

Is he housed with another chameleon? That upside down V shaped dark mark looks like a bite mark to me.

Back
Top Bottom