Shed issue. whats the best thing to do?

ebotd

So I have a 1yr 3month old Ambilobe. He sheds fine other than a few tough spots around the head and mouth. Normally I just hold him and use some tweezers to try and get if off him but it’s a giant pain because he moves a lot and doesn’t like things by his eyes and mouth.

One other thing I noticed when I was trying to groom him was that he has some shed in one of his nose cavities and I’m wondering how to get it out? I know for sure I don’t have tweezers tinny enough for that (so far the plan is to wait till next shed to see if it comes out since it doesn’t seem to be bothering him at all. So I’m keeping an eye on it) any suggestions would be welcomed.

DOH4-1-10
DOH4-1-10.jpg

today 07/11/11
IMAG0138.jpg

Beautiful cham. You should not be pulling the skin off, healthy chams will shed on their own. After all no one in the wild has tweezers to pull off their skin :D I would be grumpy if you'd be pulling my skin off!

The best thing for you to do if you are concerned is put him in the shower and this should help keep his skin moist and help him shed.

When I say shower...put him on one of his plants in your shower and turn the shower head facing the wall so a nice mist will hit him, if the head is facing him then the spray will be too strong.

1- DONT ever try to take the shed off, it can injure the new skin.
2- place him on a plant, place the plant and him in the shower, aim the shower head towards the wall, and let lukewarm water bounce off the wall, and place the plant in the mist coming off the wall.
do this for like 15-20 min everyday, also up the mistings and length of time.

Thx Ill try that. Any ideas on about the skin in his nose hole? Or just wait till next shed to see if it comes out? (only on one side btw)

Thx Ill try that. Any ideas on about the skin in his nose hole? Or just wait till next shed to see if it comes out? (only on one side btw)

The shower will help. Its also possible its not shed in the hostril but extra salts your cham is excreting.

Back
Top Bottom