she is dieing

Status
Not open for further replies.
evrybody please say prayers to leah cause she is sick and im pretty sure is about to die so please pray for her and hope god heals her very well. :( :( :(

no she is not old and she wont open her eyes and my mom always has the a/c on and i think she is very very cold but it was my fault in the first place

That is very sad. I am not sure what to say...except that chameleons are not easy pets and need very specific care. Remember that they are reptiles, which means they are cold-blooded so they require an external heat source to increase their body temperature. Without heat they will die. Is it really too late to help her. Why don't you set up a basking lamp to warm her up? You need to do something, it is not fair that you just let her die.

can someone post a care sheet, maybe we can see what may be wrong with the setup and make some suggestions and possibly save this poor cham

There is another thread on this topic where andrew has filled out the care sheet but his setup is all wrong. Wish he would post a picture so we can see whats happening. I think it may be too late for poor leah.

There is another thread on this topic where andrew has filled out the care sheet but his setup is all wrong. Wish he would post a picture so we can see whats happening. I think it may be too late for poor leah.

umm..vet...its called take your cham to the vet!!!!!!...do it now..some people dish out thousands for a dog, whats a few hundred for your special exotic best friend!!..not good..im sorry to hear this, but you should be at a vet or be commming back with bad news of humainly letting your animal go..

Ok I see all the other posts, Andrew it sounds like alot of people have given you some good information I hope tomorrow you are able to make those changes and possibly post some pics of your setup when your camera charges, good luck

It looks like MBD to me and if it is, leah is too weak to move. Andrew, did you dust her food with calcium at every feeding? I read in another thread that you do have a UVB light, so then you would only need to give her vitamin D3 once a month. But she needs calcium everyday. Please make an effort to get her to a vet cos you may be able to save her but you need to start correct supplementation right away!

I hope she makes it Andrew. I also hope you take her to the vet ASAP. This is just another reason why people need to actually do research BEFORE buying an animal.

Here's the link to the long thread where all kinds of help was offered...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/new-veiled-chameleon-57470/

Why is it that she has substrate on her when you were told at least 3 times to remove it and you said that you would?

You've had weeks to make the changes that were suggested to you and yet you still haven't made them. If you had bothered to make the changes your chameleon would have stood a chance. I doubt that the way she looks now that she has any chance at all. There might be a slim chance if she is taken to a vet right away. If she dies do not get another chameleon until you have the respect for the life of an animal that is required to look after one properly.

That being said...I still think this is trolling.
I'm done with this thread.

Srry its just i probley the most dumbest kid ever for not makein the changes it was my fault so get mad at me

Well nobody is going to get mad at the chameleon.

Chameleons aren't easy pets to keep. There are tons of references online that say this. At least you gave it a shot, do a lot more research before you buy another one though, I know how sad it is to lose a chameleon.

I suggest if you do decide to delve back into the world of herps, try a Leopard Gecko or Bearded Dragon or another beginner reptile. I've had a Leopard Gecko with my for 7 years now (She was fully grown when we bought her) and while they require a decent amount of care, they aren't on the same level as chameleons in terms of difficulty.

That's my suggestion. I'm really sorry for your loss too.

no she is not old and she wont open her eyes and my mom always has the a/c on and i think she is very very cold but it was my fault in the first place

she is currently alive, you have her in inappropriate conditions, and you are letting her die.

this is basically animal cruelty and is technically a crime.

edit: now she's dead. that is absolute animal cruelty. given the amount of time you had and the amount of help you received, you have absolutely no excuse. even if you are a kid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom