shakes

Twigcham

My chameleon is a 5 month old panther male (nosy faly x blue bar) and he always shakes his feet whenever I try and hold him... all I do is stick my hand in and wait for him to climb on and when he does, he sometimes shakes his feet like he is scared. I was wondering if they do that when they are scared or stressed? Should I be worried?:confused::(

Attachments

• 20130915_114936.jpg
    20130915_114936.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 165
I think if he is crawling onto your hand of his own free will you are doing great! Not sure about the shaking?

Not sure about being low on supplements. Can you tell us what supplements you are using and how often? Does he go outside?

I've only really seen the shaking in a couple chams, both which had metabolic bone disease. Not sure if it is normal for being nervous or not.

By shaking do you mean being cautious and not placing his feet in one swift motion? If my chameleons are not sure about something they will take their time walking and move their feet back and forth until they finally commit to that foots placement. He could just be nervous about this big hand coming in to his cage and not 100% sure about walking out on to it.

I know chameleons also make other shaking, swaying, rocking motions depending on their mood. My female will get all big and puffed up and then rock forward and back to show how big and scary she is. Some like to sway a little to help blend in and avoid being seen by possible predators.

My cham aslo shakes from time to time. When being cautious or trying not to be seen she shall do the "cham walk" rocking back and forth but occasionally I have witnessed her feet twitching whilst walking. Ive been told on here sje looks healthy enough though. Her supplements are calci every feeding and nutrobal once a month. Think I should up to twice a month? Sorry for hijacking the thread lol!

Back
Top Bottom