shake bake crickets?

cmrush88

okay, I had a question about dusting your crickets. Do you sprinkle it over them like salt and pepper or do you put them in a zip lock baggy and shake them like shake n bake chicken? Also, when you are giving your multivitamin and d3 supplements, do you do that in the same day? AND do you still give the calcium too? do you put both powders in and shake the crickets in it? How do you go about this?

You can just put them into a baggie and shake them. I use a tall 32oz. cup like the ones fruit fly cultures come in. The idea is not to coat too much over them so that they look like ghosts. Just a very fine dusting. If you put about 6-10 crickets in a baggie, just add a pinch or so of supplement. I don't use multi-vitamin, so I can't say how often for that. Depending on what type of chameleon you have, usually dust with calcium without D3 every other feeding or so, and use D3 twice a month.

I do my calcium every time I feed my cham which is every other day now cause he is older. The multivitamin I do every other saturday and along with the calcium with d3. So I alternate on Saturdays with the those two supplements. As far as the dusting, that is ok to do but just dont put too much powder in so they don't come out looking like Casper the ghost! I usually swish my feeders around in a large tupperware like cup and it seems to coat them but not too much. It really is all about not using too much powder.

do you shake them with the d3 and the calcium when you are giving them the d3 or just the d3?

The D3 supplement will be a calcium supplement as well.
Don't give multivitamins/D3 on the same day, alternate them.

Also the brand of D3 you have will determine your supplementing frequency.

the d3 is in the calcium supplement. You should have TWO calcium supplements, one without d3 and one with d3. So use the calcium without evertytime you feed your cham. Then twice a month(pic a day) use your calcium with d3 and twice a month use your multivitamin. I pick Saturday and alternate on that day with the cal/wd3 and the multi.

thanks guys. Just wanted to know for sure before I get a chameleon. You have all been very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom