sexing. please i need help (:

I was told when I bought mine that another way to sex them was by tail length. Maybe I was misinformed, haha. They did tell me males also had a ridgier back, if that's even a word, lol.

I was told when I bought mine that another way to sex them was by tail length. Maybe I was misinformed, haha. They did tell me males also had a ridgier back, if that's even a word, lol.

I have read that as well in many of the threads on here. Here are some pictures of my females maybe this will help?

Attachments

• Coco.jpg
    Coco.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 221
  • Nilla.jpg
    Nilla.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 205
  • pygmies.jpg
    pygmies.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 199
I'm supposed to have 1 male and two females. I see these threads all the time and I still can't figure out how to tell.

i ordered one male and one female last time they put them in separate cups and told me which one was the male and the female. this time they put them in the same cup they didnt even give me an invoice like last time either.

Yea it looks like everyone has trouble sexing these little guys. I'm no expert so I may be wrong about them. I hope you figure it out though :)

They both kinda look like girls to me but it's hard to tell in those photos. Can you post some of them showing their sides straight on?

that truly sucks! i specifically ordered a male n a female! that probably explains why they put them in the same cup

I still think you may have a young male there, but I am more concerned with the poor quality of pygmies I am seeing.

I still think you may have a young male there, but I am more concerned with the poor quality of pygmies I am seeing.

ive only had them since wednesday and i have been off from school so ive been misting them alot and keeping a close eye on them. they are very active in the quarantine tank

I don't want you to think it is your fault, it looks like people are getting them in like that. I guess that is just why it is better to be able to pick out good ones or get CB. Keep hydrating.

you cant pick out the ones you want they just send them. and trust me i tried to find places that sell them captive bred but i cant find them for s***

I understand-sometimes they are just hard to find. I have not been breeding but I used to produce about 30-40 babies a year. There is a decent demand for them, it is just a pain in the butt to keep small feeders around.

yea deffinatly i like to buy alittle extra crickets to last more then two days but...doesnt work aha they do last longer when i feed them potatos but the female that ive had for a while LOVES meal worms and those are good cause you can just put them in the fridge and they are good :)

for closure for you guys i found out that the little green one is the male and the bigger brown one is the female i found out from the shipper

Back
Top Bottom