sexing. please i need help (:

giaindell

i need some help on sexing these two cutie pies right here i ordered them on monday and i just received them. ive ordered from this website before but they separated the male in female in two different dixie cups. this time they put them both in the same container. i have no clue which one is a boy or girl. they both look like females to me but i feel the darker one looks like an old man. and they are both wild caught .

Attachments

• DSCF9645.JPG
    DSCF9645.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCF9644.JPG
    DSCF9644.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 341
  • DSCF9646.JPG
    DSCF9646.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 345
  • DSCF9647.JPG
    DSCF9647.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 334
Small one is a female. I'm unsure about the larger one, but it needs put on some weight and get some water. Can you post a few more pictures perhaps?

Small one is a female. I'm unsure about the larger one, but it needs put on some weight and get some water. Can you post a few more pictures perhaps?

thats what i figured. the smaller one is so pretty she/he doesnt look like it in the pictures but she/he is like a green to a yellow and i dont want to disturb them alittle later i will cause when they came they were freezing cold!

Interesting.... How big do they get? are they always brown?

they can grow the maximum size of 3 inches.

it depends, one of the two i just recieved was green to almost yellow but it doesnt look like that in the pictures.

they dont change into amazing colors like the panther or veiled but they do change colors from brown to yellow, green, but thats really it

They can be some really cool colors! I had one that had almost neon green eye turrets and a rusty body color. I also had another Massive pygmy that was bright yellow and cream colored.

These guys are both dehydrated, but I would say the bigger browner one is a female, and the little one could be a male.

here is more pictures of them individually hopefully this helps :)

Attachments

• DSCF9659.JPG
    DSCF9659.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCF9658.JPG
    DSCF9658.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCF9660.JPG
    DSCF9660.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCF9661.JPG
    DSCF9661.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCF9663.JPG
    DSCF9663.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 233
I just got a pair of pygmys a week ago. The one with the more humped back is a female and the long one with the more straight back is the male. :)

the pygmy in the last 2 pictures really needs some rehydration, you can clearly see how sunken in it's eyes are, tons of misting and gut load those feeders to get em back to full health

No problem! I know it's hard to tell with these little guys, I have two females so I didn't have this problem haha.

And I agree misting and some food should help these guys get back to tip top shape.

I retain my position that the bigger one is a dehydrated female and the little one is most likley male.

as soon as i put them in i sprayed them with warm water because they were very cold they put one of those hand warmers in the box with them but it did nothing because they never shook it so it was ice cold

thank you everyone i really appreciate it im getting two different opinions i guess im just going to have to wait till both are healthy and then ill post pictures and hopefully that will help.

I still think the small one is a female. Its back is much smoother than a normal male. Still not sure on the big one.

Back
Top Bottom