Sexing Parsons -Please help - Buying both

Lleroy

Sexing Parsons -Please help- Want to Buy(Parsonii)(Male or female)

I have this opportunity to buy a pair of Parsons Chameleons.

First of all I know nothing about Parsons.

I've seen the pair and they look exactly alike. To tell the truth the owner isn't completely sure if they are a male and female pair. I've done some research and seems like it’s very hard to tell the sex when they are younger than a year.

How can I tell which is male and which is female.
They are about 10months old.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I've posted pictures of the first Parson, Owner claims this is a male.

Attachments

• Claims_2_b_Parsons_male_and_female.jpg
    Claims_2_b_Parsons_male_and_female.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 423
  • Claims_2_b_Parsons_male.jpg
    Claims_2_b_Parsons_male.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 333
  • Claims_2_b_Parsons_male2.jpg
    Claims_2_b_Parsons_male2.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 312
  • Claims_2_b_Parsons_male3.jpg
    Claims_2_b_Parsons_male3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 263
  • Claims_2_b_Parsons_male4.jpg
    Claims_2_b_Parsons_male4.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Here is the proposed female.

Attachments

• Claims_2_b_Parsons_female.jpg
    Claims_2_b_Parsons_female.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Claims_2_b_Parsons_female2.jpg
    Claims_2_b_Parsons_female2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Claims_2_b_Parsons_female3.jpg
    Claims_2_b_Parsons_female3.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 266
I think they are most likely younger than 10 months and they both look male.
I would get both of them at that price.

LOL, chuck thats you though.

and yes for that price, id do >.> almost unimaginable things to get them.

I think they are most likely younger than 10 months and they both look male.
I would get both of them at that price.

They do look in a very healthy condition. But owning two males?

Might be good to also take both out of the owner’s hands. He has no clue how to take care of them. He already had one die because he left it in the sun too long.

Would have been nice if I could have a female :(

This guy couldn’t sell them since last year June. He has had them in his shop until now with no interest from anyone. I feel very luck finding them.

So both whe3ther they are both male? Can they both be female or are you surer about them being male?

LOL, chuck thats you though.

and yes for that price, id do >.> almost unimaginable things to get them.

Hee hee. You should have seen me when I first saw them...I was almost planning a chameleon robbery. "The chameleon Job" lol.

Got your PM ...

Can't be definitive to any extent from the photos and apparent size of the animals. From the sounds of it you can have no assurance that they are not siblings as well, which would seem to be a disqualifier for whether they are male and female at this point, as rhetorically asking, why would it matter in that case ? Considering the expense, time, risk, etc., were they to be a pair, are you ready to risk all that on failure because they were related ?

Seems a lot of impulse at work here. If you want them, and the price is good, then make the purchase. Raise them up a bit and see what you got, then approach breeding by acquiring others to pair with these, maybe trading one if need be. And if breeding was never the point, then just enjoy !

wow!! 600 for both? that is awsome! i hope he gets them.

I can surely get them. No one else really wants them. I know of 8 in our country. The chameleon community isn't really very big here. People dont even buy Jacksons over here. Most popular is veils and panthers(like in most countries).

But if they are both male, I think I should just take one?

Don't you know the paper from Masurat & Masurat ? They breed xantholophus over several years and 8 generations, if I remember right. It was no problem that some of their animals were siblings !

Can't be definitive to any extent from the photos and apparent size of the animals. From the sounds of it you can have no assurance that they are not siblings as well, which would seem to be a disqualifier for whether they are male and female at this point, as rhetorically asking, why would it matter in that case ? Considering the expense, time, risk, etc., were they to be a pair, are you ready to risk all that on failure because they were related ?

Seems a lot of impulse at work here. If you want them, and the price is good, then make the purchase. Raise them up a bit and see what you got, then approach breeding by acquiring others to pair with these, maybe trading one if need be. And if breeding was never the point, then just enjoy !

Thank you. That is truly very good advice. Both it shall be.

They are both male and about 5 months old. One a has a dirty vent but at that price I would take them and then go to a good reptile vet and get them a full workup.

They are both male and about 5 months old. One a has a dirty vent but at that price I would take them and then go to a good reptile vet and get them a full workup.

Thank you. 5months. Petshop owner has had them since June/July last here. I've spoken to other local collectors who knew about them but didn't want to take the risk of keeping them.

I've decided to take both. Already have a very good setup for them. I'll take better care of them than myself. Thank you all for your help.

Well, I have to admit. It sounds like you're making a decently informed decision. Let's hope they do well, but if you can, I would heed th advice above. Take them to a vet to get everything ironed out as early as possible. Good luck and keep us all updated on your success with them.

Luis

Well, I have to admit. It sounds like you're making a decently informed decision. Let's hope they do well, but if you can, I would heed th advice above. Take them to a vet to get everything ironed out as early as possible. Good luck and keep us all updated on your success with them.

Luis

Thank you I will.

Back
Top Bottom