sexing my panther

spankychameleon

hi i was just wondering if anybody could tell what sex my panther chameleon is. Or is it still to early to tell?

Attachments

• 2011-07-05_18-59-03_870.jpg
    2011-07-05_18-59-03_870.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 193
The branch is throwing me off since it's blending into the tail base but I might venture to guess female as well. I suggest getting another side photo of their tail base/vent area so we can give you an acurate ID, if you could.

A males tail would be a little bit thicker than a females. I say female but a closer pic ( right near its vent) of the tail would help better. Like this..

sexing.jpg

could it still be to early cause i believe it only 2 or 3 weeks old lol..sorry im impatient lol i want a male..but ill take a female for eggs and money lol

could it still be to early cause i believe it only 2 or 3 weeks old lol..sorry im impatient lol i want a male..but ill take a female for eggs and money lol

No, panther babies can be sexed out of the egg. I hope by getting a female your intentions aren't only for just eggs and money though! But i'm still leaning somewhat towards female, the pic needs to be a little brighter and a bit closer.

i was just kidding im not selling this thing and im def..not letting another chameleon near this one lol...this one is a champ..eats like one too lol..i looked at it closer and it does have the little bumb like on the big photo..its alot smaller but it is young and small.. also is it ok that it loves standing upside down on the top screen right under the uvb light...its, its favorite spot

ahh nothing like looking at panther privates early in the afternoon after a hard days work of video games:D but thats a beautiful little girl you have there.:cool:

question...sometimes i see a little buldge sometimes i dont....from what i read females are very blah in color...i dont think my panther is older that 4 weeks..and he is showing so really strong green in the face and orangish red around his eyes..and really bright redish orange under his chin certain times...would females be displaying colors this early

Im pretty sure babies don't have bulges, BUT, they have alittle bit of extra width as well as skin, to prepare for the bulge. Also from what I've noticed from my baby chams, the females tail's seem to stay almost the same length from vent to the tapered tail. Males have more like a 'cone' shape as to where the vent-side of the tail is a bit thicker and gets smaller as it gets to the end.

I would say this is a male.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom