Sexing a juvenile Veiled chameleon

Hi! So the bin has been in the enclosure since yesterday and she hasn’t touched it she’s less restless now though so I feel like her instincts might be kicking in. I read that privacy could be the issue so I put up a thin sheet with a couple of sneaky holes so I can see her activity. Earlier she slunk down and has been studying the sand. I also ended up digging my own little tunnel in the corner to one ensure it wouldn’t collapse on her and it was damp enough and I read that it could give her an idea or kick her instincts into gear. She seems to be doing well and she doesn’t seem as uneasy and anxious almost, I hope this goes well I was going to attach a picture but she seems to be dwelling deeper and deeper and I don’t wanna spook her back to the top or have her wanna climb out onto me. Although I am touched she finally wants me to be her human tree ? Thank y’all so much for all your help, it means so much to me and my girl :)
So since I put the bin my girl hasn’t touched it from what I’ve observed. I had a pothos plant in the cage but I removed it for a small amount of sunlight and because it really doesn’t fit in the cage anymore with the bin in ? but as i was watering it, me and my dad noticed small grey bead like things. Theyre hard but still squishy. They’re buried scattered throughout the soil and he popped one trying to figure out what it is and I can’t find any pictures of how the eggs are supposed to look. I was under the impression of a clutch of oval shaped eggs. Please help Im very confused and concerned now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 81
So since I put the bin my girl hasn’t touched it from what I’ve observed. I had a pothos plant in the cage but I removed it for a small amount of sunlight and because it really doesn’t fit in the cage anymore with the bin in ? but as i was watering it, me and my dad noticed small grey bead like things. Theyre hard but still squishy. They’re buried scattered throughout the soil and he popped one trying to figure out what it is and I can’t find any pictures of how the eggs are supposed to look. I was under the impression of a clutch of oval shaped eggs. Please help Im very confused and concerned now.
That is not what the eggs will look like. Use the search function and type eggs you will see many pictures of what eggs look like. Did you find these in the pothos soil? Looks similar to fertilizer beads.

No idea what those are. Maybe someone else can tell you. This is what chameleon eggs will look like.
7C3355EA-272A-48C8-94CB-6E9C6DF9CA7A.jpeg

So update: I only found about 11/12 I can’t find anything like this online or on the forums is it something that’s just in the plant? They were all on the surface and some of them actually were buried together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 72
That is not what the eggs will look like. Use the search function and type eggs you will see many pictures of what eggs look like. Did you find these in the pothos soil? Looks similar to fertilizer beads.
I did find these in pothos soil! I thought maybe something in the soil they just look so odd and my dad mentioned eggs and I freaked because I’ve seen what they should like like ?

Okay, so that means she still hasn’t touched her sand, and she still probably needs to get rid of her eggs. Is her still not showing any interest bad? Or is it okay if it’s a longer process? Is there anything I should or could try to help her or do I just allow her to take as much time as she needs? I don’t want her to end up hurt and she’s kinda worrying me

Okay, so that means she still hasn’t touched her sand, and she still probably needs to get rid of her eggs. Is her still not showing any interest bad? Or is it okay if it’s a longer process? Is there anything I should or could try to help her or do I just allow her to take as much time as she needs? I don’t want her to end up hurt and she’s kinda worrying me
Do you have recent pics of the chameleon. Honestly she does not look like she is showing any signs of being close to laying from the pics you posted.. Use the search function for the terms Gravid and Receptive.

Back
Top Bottom