Setting up a channel for dripper

jtimen

Hi all. Has anyone had any luck setting up some sort of channel for a drip system? I'm thinking of hot-gluing the leaves on a plastic vine into a long "V" to try to direct the water into a potted plant at the bottom of the enclosure. This way, I can secure the vine to branches on the way down and (hopefully) avoid my gal's moving it around and flooding her habitat while I'm at work. Any thoughts?

I wouldnt use a dripper. It'll be a lot work to keep clean, misters are much easier.
I've used misters for amphibians, but they're primarily in glass enclosures, so the spray is contained. Sounds silly, but how do you keep the water from misting everything withing range of the screen enclosure?

I've used misters for amphibians, but they're primarily in glass enclosures, so the spray is contained. Sounds silly, but how do you keep the water from misting everything withing range of the screen enclosure?

You could cover the sides. If you have a 24x24 cage the mist head in the center pointed down, it wont escape much.

A dripper and hand misting also works fine.

You could cover the sides. If you have a 24x24 cage the mist head in the center pointed down, it wont escape much.

A dripper and hand misting also works fine.
Sorry, do you mean cover the sides permanently, or just for mistings?

Hmmm, maybe I don't get the question but I use a dripper. I place it on top of the screen and it drips through it. I place a shallow container on the bottom/floor where the drops end up. Since I don't mover the dripper around the path is always the same and thus it collects water in said container without making a mess.

Hmmm, maybe I don't get the question but I use a dripper. I place it on top of the screen and it drips through it. I place a shallow container on the bottom/floor where the drops end up. Since I don't mover the dripper around the path is always the same and thus it collects water in said container without making a mess.
No worries. My concern comes from the fact that the water is dripping down a whole bunch of different leaves along the way from the top of the enclosure to the bottom. If one leaf or branch moves too far, it changes the direction of the water's path and where the droplets land.

Back
Top Bottom