September 30th (Tues) South Bay Chameleon Keepers Meeting

I cannot wait for tonight.

I am picking up my new microscope today after work and will probably bring it in just because, :p I don't know anyone else I could show it to that would be the least bit interested. No slides , etc yet but it should be shiny and new.

See everyone there.
Howdy Ryan,

I'll try to remember to bring you some fecal float liquid, a fecalyzer and a few slides for you to experiment with :). We might not do a float onsite (I don't think Steve would appreciate a spill :() but at least we could play with smears.

Howdy Ryan,

I'll try to remember to bring you some fecal float liquid, a fecalyzer and a few slides for you to experiment with :). We might not do a float onsite (I don't think Steve would appreciate a spill :() but at least we could play with smears.

That would be great! Thanks again Dave... Oh man, this day is going sooooooooooooooooooo slow.

yeah!

If anybody has extras of those cups with vented cloth lids, I would love to buy them off from you guys.

:D

Frans, I have a lot of 32oz cups with Cloth lids. Probably about 80 or so of them.

How many would you need? Would anyone else be interested in some. Let me know.

Food

Crickets are here. My girlfriend made a veggie plate and cheese and crackers spread, + brownies. Don't tell her, but I dropped the veggies :( crossing street to work this morning. Its hard to juggle 20 thousand crickets, and keep food separate. So cheese and brownies for all. Now I just have to keep my co-workers away from the food til tonight.

Well it looks like I will be carpooling there with Mika... I look forward to finally getting to meet a lot of you. I didn't have the flow this week to place crazy bug orders like the rest of you... I will have to make due with what I have until friday. What else will be going on besides bug trades? I could use some fresh mulberry leaves if anyone would be so inclined to donate a handfull.

I am also thinking of selling one of my Fem Veileds...Caddie. Estimated to be around a year a half now, she has layed 2 clutches for me. If anyone at the meeting would be interested in her... That would be nicer than shipping. Her pics are in my gallery. I would even be willing to work out a trade for a grip of feeders. I am attached to this girl, So it would have to be someone I know would give her a great home, I am just needing to open up some room.

Should I bring some dookie? I would love to score a fecal, or at least see how it is done.

And as far as directions... We will be coming from the 101... Mapquest says to exit "6a toward Vermont, then slight right to N Vermont, Left on W. Washinton, Right on Broadway? Is that the best way... Sometimes Mapquest sends me on a runaround.

Thanks!

Joe

Hey Joe

Take 101 to Harbor Freeway 110 south. Kinda stay to the right, because your going to hop on the 10 santa monica freeway East. Exit Grand Ave (first exit). and parallel the 10 / or in other words, go straight till you hit Broadway and turn Right. Cross over Washington and your there. Tall building to your right.

Well it looks like I will be carpooling there with Mika... I look forward to finally getting to meet a lot of you. I didn't have the flow this week to place crazy bug orders like the rest of you... I will have to make due with what I have until friday. What else will be going on besides bug trades? I could use some fresh mulberry leaves if anyone would be so inclined to donate a handfull.

I am also thinking of selling one of my Fem Veileds...Caddie. Estimated to be around a year a half now, she has layed 2 clutches for me. If anyone at the meeting would be interested in her... That would be nicer than shipping. Her pics are in my gallery. I would even be willing to work out a trade for a grip of feeders. I am attached to this girl, So it would have to be someone I know would give her a great home, I am just needing to open up some room.

Should I bring some dookie? I would love to score a fecal, or at least see how it is done.

And as far as directions... We will be coming from the 101... Mapquest says to exit "6a toward Vermont, then slight right to N Vermont, Left on W. Washinton, Right on Broadway? Is that the best way... Sometimes Mapquest sends me on a runaround.

Thanks!

Joe

LOL at the Dookie
bowrofl.gif

I was just there to pick some crickets up from Steve. It's very easy to get there. Here is alittle map I made.

my.php

Last edited:

Thanks!

Joe

How large is a grip of feeders? I have a LOT of Dubia:p

Hi Everyone,

I have picked up two dozen fruit fly cultures. Please buy as many as you can so I don't have to go back home with so many. Also, Andy at Eco Regional sent me with a lot of samples for the group (moss, lights, MV bulbs, hides, etc. and pricelists for each of you). I can easily make a run to his place before meetings.

Spiderpharm wasn't able to get me houseflies in time. They are pupating now and Chuck expects to ship them out tomorrow. So the timing didn't work out for our meeting which is a real bummer. I love working with these people, they are great. I should have ordered flies sooner.

Since we have a new microscope owner, can I just leave mine at home? Less for me to pack up and bring.

Does anyone want me to bring the male Veiled? He's about four years old and looking for a home.

...Since we have a new microscope owner, can I just leave mine at home? Less for me to pack up and bring...
Howdy Elisa,

I think it is probably safe to skip bringing your microscope and use Ryan's instead. I've packed the misc. items needed for testing so we should be good to go :).

Hey Guys...

I hope you're not Camera shy... But I figured I would bring my camera to maybe get some photos of the group for the boards... Show everyone what a great time us cham heads can have if you get us all together...

I'm a friggin' nerd I know...:eek:

PS. The Keg arrives at 7:30 and I scheduled the "entertainment" to show up at 8 on the dot...:D;)

~Joe

one of these days these meetings should be put up on a web cam or something so everyone else can be with you >.<

jk, i just kinda wish there was something like this in texas

Hey Rocky!

That is actually a really cool idea... I don't have a webcam...but I am sure some do. Also I am sure you could arrange some kind of meeting with fellow herpers in your area. I thought of doing this before I discovered this meeting.

I know that members of another snake forum I am a part of had arranged a zoo trip amongst members. I just wish the LA zoo Chams... I don't think they have any.

EDIT:
Someone else should bring a camera as well. The battery on mine looks good now...But is known to die at the crucial moment.

Well that was a lot of fun! It was very nice to put faces with a lot of the names and to get to chat with some like minded people. Thanks for the freebies Elisa and thanks to those of you that helped me out with dubia... My colony should do a lot better now. Thanks Again...

PS> Kevin your Mellers Rocks! And Nicole has the most awesome Oorena Mena ever, that guy was out of this world!

Joe

Home at last!!!
Thanks again everyone. it was good to see y'all. Khumbu slept the whol way home...it was WAYYY past his bedtime. Hung out with good folks, got some feeders, got some food, got his skin issue ID'd, and got a fecal. A pretty dern good night!!!

House Flies

Please give this guy a try and buy your houseflies from him. They are a smaller housefly and my smallest baby chameleons are eating them. Chuck is really nice and if you ever get in a bind, he will work with you. Just call him to let him know what you need and he will help you out.

Chuck Kristensen
Spider Pharm Inc.
PO Box 1090
Yarnell, AZ 85362
[email protected]
http://www.spiderpharm.com
Phone: 928-427-6589
Toll Free: 866-572-0041

I will plan my order next month a little better. It's hard with pupated flies. They hatch out so fast! I can't order too early because I'll have swarms to deal with and I can't order too late because maybe Chuck has to wait until larvae pupates. But they are cheap enough that you guys could at least order directly from him once and see why I like dealing with him.

Okay, I'm done pitching. :)

Sounds like a great night! My morning was crazy! Bought 1000 small crickets from Steve and this morning about 40 million ants attacked and killed them all :( Ants are driving me nuts at my place.

Back
Top Bottom