Sept 1 South Bay Chameleon Keepers meeting!

DeremensisBlue

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
Welcome to the August/Sept SBCK meeting! We'll be meeting Saturday, September 1 from 2PM to 5PM (and after) in Brea, (Southern) California at Kevin (Summoner12) Zamp's apartment complex. If you need directions RSVP to the address below and you'll get what you need!

Yes, we are a little off our normal last-Saturday-of-the-month pattern, but we will get back onto that schedule soon. For now, start the Labor Day weekend with some good chameleon times! We are heading into the holidays. Already? Well, not yet, but we are close enough it is time to start thinking about it! At this meeting we'll start talking about putting together a very nice Christmas/end of the year party for our December meeting. Bring your brainstorming!

Though never a requirement, we enjoy the cookies, brownies, vegetable plates, snacks, and drinks that members choose to bring. Don't be shy if you'd like to add to the ambiance with a snack of your own to share!

RSVP with an email to: [email protected] with how many people will be coming with you. We will reply with the address and directions to the meeting location for those that request it.

2pm-3pm.........Meet & Greet
~4pm............Feeder co-op sale and distribution
~5pm++..........Conversation and Meeting Wrap-up

The "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" (SBCK) meetings are free-of-charge meetings and are pretty much free-flowing, with all chameleon topics open for discussion. "Show and Tell" discussions are common. We continue to have group bulk-buys (silkworms, hornworms, superworms, crickets, dubias etc.) at our meetings. Some members may be bringing these feeders to sell but that's not guaranteed. Let us know if you are looking for these feeders (or anything else) and we'll try to confirm availability (pre-ordering) before the meeting. Some keepers bring their chameleon books and magazines along with other various items to spark discussions. We all enjoy seeing your chameleons, young and old, big and small. Just keep in mind that there is stress involved in the trip. So if you plan on bringing chameleons either for Show and Tell or for sale (pre-arranged sales are encouraged) just keep in mind your chameleon's well-being.

Our group ranges from long-time breeders to novice keepers. There are usually new members at every meeting.

See You There,

SBCK

About how many attendees show up, including vendors? I'd like to maybe get something like this started in San Antonio or Houston...thx!

Bill, check your PM's:)
Maxttu, no vendors show up. Just Steve the bug man, hes all we need:D and the times I have been, there were about 10 people...

I'll be bringing Silkies

I ordered silkies from Coastal so will have 500-600 smalls and mediums available in 100's for sale. PM me if you want some set aside for you.
No Hornworms though:(

Hey if you guys get a date set for the December meeting and it is before the 15th I will try to fly down again. I miss all of you.:(

No crickets available this time around. i've been getting crickets delivered to me on Tuesdays, (so crickets boxes would have been really smelly four days later on Saturday.) and the local sources don't have anything I trust to live past 4 weeks old. But I will have hornworms, supers, butters, mantis, blue bottles, fruit flies, cricket crack, super chow, and bone dust.

No crickets available this time around. i've been getting crickets delivered to me on Tuesdays, (so crickets boxes would have been really smelly four days later on Saturday.) and the local sources don't have anything I trust to live past 4 weeks old. But I will have hornworms, supers, butters, mantis, blue bottles, fruit flies, cricket crack, super chow, and bone dust.

Yeah for the Hornworms! Can I get 2? Thanks!

Hey if you guys get a date set for the December meeting and it is before the 15th I will try to fly down again. I miss all of you.:(
We will be talking dates for the rest of the year at this meeting and will take that into account for our Christmas party. It would be great seeing you again!

Back
Top Bottom