Sellers posting only fired up photos

Ben28tx

I love my panther . I’ve had him since 2018.
But I bought him thinking he’d be normally yellow and blue and of course he’s green and blue usually.
I never seen him fired up like his famous grandpa that was in an episode of national geographic. Maybe cus he’s never been around another female or angry.
But I been thinking of getting a blue panther and I was wondering

Are all these blue panthers for sale just photos of them “fired” up??
Is a blue panther just normally green and I might not ever see him blue much??

I kinda wish sellers posted pics of chameleons fired up AND normal.

Ty guys! Much love

What kind of Chameleon do you have now? Most breeders do post pictures of their chameleons all fired up when they are selling babies. They usually post the very best pictures they have of their
chameleons.

Well the green and blue is how mine looks. And the yellow and blue is how I thought it would look. So I’m wondering if the blue panthers are usually blue all the time

Attachments

• 12FC12E8-17E2-4A00-9BA0-9EB8767562EA.jpeg
    12FC12E8-17E2-4A00-9BA0-9EB8767562EA.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 65
  • C3A15E0C-7B87-4B93-B9AB-3A8C6CE1EABC.jpeg
    C3A15E0C-7B87-4B93-B9AB-3A8C6CE1EABC.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 67
Hi Ben,
I was reading this and it made me think. Breeders usually do post their chams fired up (us included) because we are always want to show how spectacular they look. It is probably important to include pics of chams at rest.

As far as buying chams, this may be a really great question to ask the breeder you are buying from. “Can I see a picture of the sire at rest?” If the breeder has him, this would be easy to accommodate. It may be harder with grandsire and damsire unless they are on site. Usually breeders only have a couple pictures from who they bought them from, and of course they are going to be fired in those pics as well.

Thanks for the posting this! I am going to keep this in mind in the future.

Shooting pics of a product in their best light is a part of Puffery. The practice goes back (at least) hundreds of years, and I've heard it argued that a certain serpent engaged in it when representing a certain piece of fruit in a certain garden... :rolleyes:

Without getting into the ethics/morality/right or wrong of it, it's legal within certain boundaries, and it is different than (though often confused with) misrepresentation.

I never seen him fired up like his famous grandpa
I made the naïve mistake of hoping my cham would look (even somewhat) like his paternal grandsire.
He doesn't look anything like that—even fully fired up. In fact,he doesn't look a whole lot different when fired up than he looks normally.

I wasn't broken-hearted because I already knew that genetics are always a roll of the dice (bell curve), and he has some nice (albeit different) colors anyway.

But it drove home the point (to me, anyway) that....
1648907809400.png

Fortunately, I happen to LOVE chocolate(s)! 😋 🤗 😁

I agree that perhaps grandsires aren't (shouldn't be?) as much of a factor in determining/representing a chameleon's future potential appearance, but I'll defer to breeders' experience on that.

I kinda wish sellers posted pics of chameleons fired up AND normal.
IDT that's unreasonable.

Yes nosy be will be blue fired up and usually a cryptic green at rest. There are exceptions of nosy bes that remain all blue at rest.
That is why our first chameleons were Nosy Be. They pretty much look green/turquoise/blue all the time, at rest and fired. Other chams can look very different when calm.

With a lot of animals, the only way to know for sure what they'll look like as an adult, is to buy an adult. Unfortunately, adults, especially the really nice ones, are generally expensive and many more times the cost of the baby. It kind 9f co especially down to, spend a little (in Chameleon terms) and gamble or spend a lot and know what your getting.

Back
Top Bottom