Sela is gone ..My heart is broken

Aminah Undone

Supposedly, she'd only been in the seller's shop for a week (WC) before he shipped her to me. She arrived here on the 9th and laid 16 perfect eggs on the 16th. She was sleeping a lot, so I contacted one of the members here and my very capable Vet. She wasn't egg bound, she was eating and drinking.. her husbandry was as perfect as it could get with me here all day long.. checking temps throughout the day and misting. Her urates ceased being a light'ish orange on the 2nd day after arrival, so I'm confident that she was hydrating well. Her color was good.. back to pinks with blue here and there.. receptive colors. But still resting more than I thought she should.

I feel like I did everything I could have possibly done for her, so I shouldn't be too hard on myself ...but losing her doesn't make that any easier. Even after years of doing exotic rescue, you get attached to some of them ..like a force takes over your heart and you have no control. I will miss my precious baby girl.

I am so sorry to hear you lost Sela. We do have some animals who just crawl into out hearts and are there forever. I had a w/c rescue that I loved it pieces. I will always miss her. I still have lots of chams but Tuffy was just special. I know Sela will always be with you in your heart. RIP Sela.

you did what you could..ive had even non exotic animals slowly just "shut down" is what i call it..they just get old and tired..like granpa and grandma...im sorry to hear that, and hope you feel better soon knowing you did everything in your power to give the animal comfort while you could.

Thank you for your condolences. It is appreciated.

Now, if I can stop walking over to check on her ..and picking up the mister, on my way.

She did leave 16 eggs for me to look forward to.

You have a while to wait for the eggs to hatch, but you know a part of her isn't far away. Now you can go look at the eggs, but you just can't spray them. Save your arm for when you have bunches to spray.

Back
Top Bottom