Seattle Reptile Expo

looks like it was a bad idea to have it same weekend as vegas,not much of a vendors list for chams cept lll

Meeting Gesangs there...........

I'm meeting the Gesangs (Chameleons Northwest) Saturday morning at some point. We will figure out the time later today. They aren't selling this year. I sold there last year, but could not get my act together this year. My husband has had severe health problems for the last few months.

I'm going to the show to look. Don't expect to find anything. The only thing I want to get into now are some Uroplatus geckos or Ambronia (alligator lizard). I don't expect to find what I'm looking for though. I hope I don't find a sickly WC Melleri there. There were some last year. I probably won't be able to resist this year.

Update.....

I just talked to Elliott Gesang. Elliott, Sandy and I are arriving at the show when the doors open at 10:00 am tomorrow. We are going out to lunch together over the noon hour. We may be coming back to the show after lunch. We all have other commitments later in the afternoon and can't stay the whole day. Anyone that will also be around at lunch time on Saturday is welcome to join us. If you are going to the show on Saturday PM me and I'll give you my cell number. You will be able to find us at the show if you have not met us before and don't know what we look like.

There were only about 8 chameleons in total or that I saw:(
Most of which were dehydrated looking and had bad poo.
And they were selling some babies like a month old :/
Which Is sad but hey what can ya do.
It was exciting since it was my first time but I was hoping for something better.
Lots of gekos, turtles, SNAKES, SNAKES, and more snakes
I got some pics too :p
Just camera phone pics but I'll upload them anyways if some one doesn't have any
betters ones :)

My show treasures.....

Sorry we missed you Ashley.....The few adult Panthers were sold right away. Very little there in the way of chameleons.

I picked up one adult male Uroplatus Fimbriatus, a very unexpected find, and a juvie Rhacodactylus Leachianus pair. I was there at the show opening and would have lost out on the Fibriatus if I had delayed even a minute. It was the only one at the show and a number of people were very disappointed that I got it so quickly.

I just got my new geckos into their new homes. The Gesangs came home with some new things as well :)

Awww sounds like I missed out :(

All I saw was an adult melleri,
something wrong with its eye :(

some tiny baby panthers,
Too small to be sold in my opinion

a male veiled

2 female jacksons

all had bad urates :(

and 2 male panthers, which their colors were all right but for 500 dollars each I could buy a breeder worthy panther or something better :p

But I got there around 1pm :/
I wish I would have seen you and Sandy and Elliot, too bad :(
Maybe next time :)

Oh and I'll add that I did REALLY enjoy the crested gekos I was super tempted to buy one :)
The babies were adorable,
BUT I some how managed to walk out of there empty handed :)

Yeah I saw the $500 guy and all I have to say is he looks just like mine and I didn't pay no $500 for him. I was kind of disapointed I had been waiting for this expo for a week and it was very small and mostly snakes. There wasn't even much in the way of supplies. The cage I want know one has yet and then I wanted just a lid for my other cage and the guy only brought one lid which was sold and I was there at 11 on Sat so only one hour past opening the doors. I did get some stick bugs though and my cham loves them.

I went!
...And I was sorely disappointed.

I got my first cham from the expo in Lake City back in June, and I was really impressed how many there were there!

But this last one kinda sucked. I saw that Mellers with something wrong with his eye and I felt bad enough for him that I wanted him (until the LLL guys wouldn't take any less for him then the 120 that was posted...)

I went there with the intent of buying a female Jacksons, and when I got there, there was ONE left. She seemed a little dehydrated (sunken eyes and all) but I wasn't going to have driven almost two hours for nothing and I left with her. She is doing great :)

Here she is!

dsc0501repaired.jpg

There's another Seattle one in March I guess. Hoping for a better turn out at that one.

Really in March huh... I keep a look out in my reptile magazine I really hope its much bigger and better then this last one.

I went!
...And I was sorely disappointed.

I got my first cham from the expo in Lake City back in June, and I was really impressed how many there were there!

But this last one kinda sucked. I saw that Mellers with something wrong with his eye and I felt bad enough for him that I wanted him (until the LLL guys wouldn't take any less for him then the 120 that was posted...)

I went there with the intent of buying a female Jacksons, and when I got there, there was ONE left. She seemed a little dehydrated (sunken eyes and all) but I wasn't going to have driven almost two hours for nothing and I left with her. She is doing great :)

Here she is!

dsc0501repaired.jpg

There's another Seattle one in March I guess. Hoping for a better turn out at that one.

Back
Top Bottom