Seasonal Change

MotherofChams

Hello All,

Recently my six month old veiled chameleon has lost his appetite for food. Does seasonal changes effect the appetite of chameleons? Where we live we are changing from summer to fall.

Hello All,

Recently my six month old veiled chameleon has lost his appetite for food. Does seasonal changes effect the appetite of chameleons? Where we live we are changing from summer to fall.
Sometimes they just get bored if you are only using one or two feeders over and over, try hornworms, superworms, butterworms, crickets, dubia roaches, black soldier fly larvae. Try to get a variety of feeders, plus it's great for your cham!

Sometimes they just get bored if you are only using one or two feeders over and over, try hornworms, superworms, butterworms, crickets, dubia roaches, black soldier fly larvae. Try to get a variety of feeders, plus it's great for your cham!

Thanks so much VeiledMathis! :) He does seem to be over crickets and mealworms. We'll get him some blue hornworms again, he really loved those.. cant do the roaches haha

Thanks so much kinyonga!

He's free range, from our living room to outside on our balcony. We're in Maryland. So yes the temperature has been decreasing as we get away from summer. Last winter we kept him inside of course, and kept the fogger on in his habitat.

So you think his lack of appetite is just natural, based on local temperature? I should probably switch now to keeping him inside where he can bask under the lights full time.

P.S. I did see him grab a couple "wild" bugs out of the air while outside over the last week.

I wouldn't be feeding mealworms at all, and also I don't know veileds to lose appetite from the seasons. Some do while maturing though.

Temperature affects digestion...the cooler the temperature the less well it digests it's food.
I hope you don't leave him outside on the balcony alone?

Back
Top Bottom