Seasonal behavior

ElmerH305

Does a chameleon behavior change during winter? Or when they’re going through a shed? Eat less? Less active? I’ve heard bearded dragons “brumate” kind like a hibernation?

I know certain chameleons brumate...I have had one veiled during the winter and he did slow down but still ate. He didn’t eat as much and only pooped once a week to two weeks. Mine are outside (I live in FL) so I am guessing it is different if you keep yours in doors.

They do have seasonal changes, even panthers, IME. My Parsons is indoors, haven't changed temps much, little bit shorter days and he's already slowed down and eating little. My Panthers would change in energy levels throughout the year too.

My cham is going through a shed and I live in swfl and all of a sudden it’s gotten quite chilly for us floridians, seems much grumpier than usual not wanting to tong feed now when it was a daily thing🤷🏻‍♂️

I know certain chameleons brumate...I have had one veiled during the winter and he did slow down but still ate. He didn’t eat as much and only pooped once a week to two weeks. Mine are outside (I live in FL) so I am guessing it is different if you keep yours in doors.
Outside year round?

I want to live in florida! Lol at you people saying it gets chilly. Come up north during winter, especially in places that are just cold and muddy and not much snow. It looks like a post apocalyptic wasteland.

Florida resident here ... it's pretty awesome down here 🔥😂.

They do have seasonal changes, even panthers, IME. My Parsons is indoors, haven't changed temps much, little bit shorter days and he's already slowed down and eating little. My Panthers would change in energy levels throughout the year too.
I know this post is a year old but has your opinion changed any on this ? This is my first winter with my Panthers and I'm just curious about seasonal change etc . Seems as if my boy has slowed down movement and eating wise and nothings changed husbandry wise

Back
Top Bottom