Screen tank in the desert

BellaCoop

Hello all,
I finally got everything good to go and my chameleon is really happy and eating great! She is REALLY shy and does not like when I put my hands in her habitat but she will get less shy with time I am guessing.
My question is I really am wanting to get her out of her terrarium and get her into a screen cage.. the only thing I worry about is I live in the desert of Arizona and it’s incredibly dry. Does anyone have experience with screen cages in a very dry area to keep the humidity up? Is it going to be a battle? Or should I probably just keep her in a terrarium since it is so dry where I am.

Air condition is set between 77-83.
The temperate is contained and I’m not to worried about that with a screen tank. The humidity is my main concern

Attachments

• 80899258-0B28-46CF-83B8-BF7B8EA0DD41.jpeg
    80899258-0B28-46CF-83B8-BF7B8EA0DD41.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 61
Air condition is set between 77-83.
The temperate is contained and I’m not to worried about that with a screen tank. The humidity is my main concern
Hey girl! I am from AZ and moved to Colorado where the climate is still really dry! I have a screen cage, but bought a bigger humidifier that can hold around 4 gallons. That has helped a lot!

Hello all,
I finally got everything good to go and my chameleon is really happy and eating great! She is REALLY shy and does not like when I put my hands in her habitat but she will get less shy with time I am guessing.
My question is I really am wanting to get her out of her terrarium and get her into a screen cage.. the only thing I worry about is I live in the desert of Arizona and it’s incredibly dry. Does anyone have experience with screen cages in a very dry area to keep the humidity up? Is it going to be a battle? Or should I probably just keep her in a terrarium since it is so dry where I am.
Hello,

I am from the South West as well. You should definitely get her into a mesh enclosure. Having air circulation is very important. My veiled is in a mesh enclosure with a shower curtain on 1 side and a cloth on the back and half of the other side. My hygrometer reads anywhere from 44-49% which is plenty for a veiled. LIVE PLANTS ARE YOUR FRIEND. They boost humidity tremendously. You can get a hygrometer from Home Depot for around $11 to keep track of humidity.

Back
Top Bottom