Screen Cages?

joeandsoph

Established Member
UK people I need help!! I have seena few screen cages that I have seen and I'm interested in but they are all in the USA and either shipping is ridiculous or they don't ship to UK. Anyone brought a decent cage from somewhere in the UK?

I am also in the procces of looking for a new cage as I have a Exo terra at the mo but want an all mesh cage when my Cham gets bigger.
I have seen a few UK places selling zoo med reptibreeze but they have only been small ones ! a local shop to me will start selling the larger sizes hopefully soon but cant tell me when. I have seen the small ones up close & this is for sure the one I want to go for as it also has a bottom door to clean out poo etc instead of opening the big main door all the time.

I am also in the procces of looking for a new cage as I have a Exo terra at the mo but want an all mesh cage when my Cham gets bigger.
I have seen a few UK places selling zoo med reptibreeze but they have only been small ones ! a local shop to me will start selling the larger sizes hopefully soon but cant tell me when. I have seen the small ones up close & this is for sure the one I want to go for as it also has a bottom door to clean out poo etc instead of opening the big main door all the time.

I've heard of these too and they look really good. Don't think there will be any in the shops near me for a while though. The Isle of Wight is about 20 years behind the rest of the UK, lol!:D

Sometimes I wonder how u Brits can even afford toothpaste!! let alone reptiles and their cages............taxed up the A#S, and everything is overly expensive!!

Sometimes I wonder how u Brits can even afford toothpaste!! let alone reptiles and their cages............taxed up the A#S, and everything is overly expensive!!

Don't we know it! Cages are so expensive and the weather is awful, lol! It's supposed to be mid summer over here, but you wouldn't know it!

i brought one of those screen cages from Terry yesterday and was worth every penny it just looks the biz!

look on reptile forums under the name Camey® (ps u might have to copy the original sign lol) and see the pics

im in the middle of converting a wooden/glass Cabinet for my Cham im meshing the top and one side and leaving the glass front and glass on the other side that way im hoping i will not have a problem with temp and humidity. will post pics when im done although it is a slow process at the moment with kids off school!

Why not buy some window screen building materials and just build some yourself. I am sure there would be some good money in it seeing how the demand and supply is as well.

try eco-terra flexariams their on various sites. livefoodbypost, everythingforpets are just two sites you can get them from. there are more but theres no pint in naming like 10 sites

http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/flexarium.php

I currently have the 38 Gallon Flexarium (got from local exotic pet shop) and plan to upgrade to the 100 Gallon one in a couple of months. The only problem i've had with it so far is I broke one of the zips the day I got it but this probably isn't the fault of exo terra, I should have been more careful.

You can put the mesh through the washing machine (i've done this once so far and it dries very quickly afterwards) and there are matching waterproof trays that fit the flexariums. It would be nice if they made a way for you to remove the tray without taking down the whole thing but that is probably too much to ask and the simple design probably is as much to their advantage.

You could make your own and it might be as good or better but for £30-50 for 38 gallon and £80-100 for 100 gallon model it's probably not worth the bother unless you are sure you know what you're doing.

Just got a xl reptibreeze this week :D
But to furnish it is costing a bomb ! :(

I've spent far much more than I need to on the interiors of my cage. If we really wanted to save money we could just buy one large Ficus tree and nothing else and the chameleon probably wouldn't be any less happy. I suspect a lot of people who keep many chameleons probably take this approach or similar (the guy who wrote my chameleon book does anyway).

Also, Those Reptibreeze ones look similarly priced to Exo-terra flexariums. Will have to look into it for my adult cage.

Back
Top Bottom