School paper on abuse

rastamarley

Hello everyone I am doing a paper on reptile abuse needs to be 5 pages and have some official sources and some not so official sources. If anyone has any stories or know of a good website on the subject please post and let me know. If the story is too long to post on here then you may send it to my email address if you like (please try to keep the story from getting too long).

My emai is [email protected]

If you happpen to be a published writer or a vetinarian then I would really love to hear from you (you are a official source!) and would ask for your first and last name and for permission to quote you in my paper.

Actually anything that you send me might end up in my paper just so you are aware! it is a persuasive argumentive paper (I am taking the side that reptile abuse exists) I am not trying to solve the problem just make a point that it exists and appeal to the reader that it does exist and should be taking seriously I thank you fro any help that you mught give me!

Just look at any PetCo or PetSmart with chameleons, terrible.. terrible conditions. You could watch that one show animal cops, I've seen plenty of reptiles.

Hey there,

I've got a small abuse story. There is a water garden around the corner from me that also sells lizards and is becoming quite popular with them. I went a few weeks ago and found a rather sickly looking male Veiled Chameleon in the center vivarium. The vivarium is lovely, the glass isn't reflective and he has everything he needs, the vivarium is also huge, so I thought to myself, I wonder why he looks so ill? In terms of ill, he had quite obvious MBD, was very under weight and dehydrated. So I went to talk to the fella' who was working for the day, lovely guy who really knows his stuff, and he told me that the owner brought him in as he simply could not care for it anymore. Screw the anymore part, to be in that condition, the animal wasn't taken care of to begin with.

Anyway, I went back a few days ago and the Chameleon was higher up in the vivarium and clearly had a much stronger grip and more filled out body. A happy ending I guess, but a tale of abuse none the less. The scars are there for life such as the warped limbs and bent casque.

Just look at any PetCo or PetSmart with chameleons, terrible.. terrible conditions. You could watch that one show animal cops, I've seen plenty of reptiles.

There is a petco by my house and yes, the chameleons are all deyhdrated it kills me actually that is what inspired me to do this paper on this topic.

Hey there,

I've got a small abuse story. There is a water garden around the corner from me that also sells lizards and is becoming quite popular with them. I went a few weeks ago and found a rather sickly looking male Veiled Chameleon in the center vivarium. The vivarium is lovely, the glass isn't reflective and he has everything he needs, the vivarium is also huge, so I thought to myself, I wonder why he looks so ill? In terms of ill, he had quite obvious MBD, was very under weight and dehydrated. So I went to talk to the fella' who was working for the day, lovely guy who really knows his stuff, and he told me that the owner brought him in as he simply could not care for it anymore. Screw the anymore part, to be in that condition, the animal wasn't taken care of to begin with.

Anyway, I went back a few days ago and the Chameleon was higher up in the vivarium and clearly had a much stronger grip and more filled out body. A happy ending I guess, but a tale of abuse none the less. The scars are there for life such as the warped limbs and bent casque.

Thank you for the story

Back
Top Bottom