schefflera plant

triumph

Well I have tried it all with my ficus plants light water fert, and they went bare. Listened to all your advise and still no luck. Living in sw florida I have no problem with them out doors, they thrive. I went with the schefflera, and they look great. I have three screen cages and have changed three so far. So any advise on keeping them looking great.
Thanks

transitioning a ficus tree from outside to inside puts it into a sort of shock since they dont do well to light changes and moving from one place to another. If the tree didnt die but just lost all its leaves when you put it into the terrarium then give it some time (dont know how long) and it should grow back the leaves that are compatible with the new light conditions. Also watch out for the temperatures for the ficus, dont have your terrarium bulbs so close to it, it doesnt mind bright light or higher temperatures even to 100 F, but not to where it is burning the leaves. It does well when you mist the leaves everyday and regular watering, allowing the soil to dry before the next watering. Regular fertilizer once or twice a month helps also. Thats all I know.

going to try and get an answer here instead of starting a new thread. do ficus and scheflerra's grow quickly? like if i were to buy a tiny one now will it be a decent size for a 2x2x4 enclosure by like feb/march?

It will be indoors watered under uv and 6500k bulb

going to try and get an answer here instead of starting a new thread. do ficus and scheflerra's grow quickly? like if i were to buy a tiny one now will it be a decent size for a 2x2x4 enclosure by like feb/march?

It will be indoors watered under uv and 6500k bulb

IMHO, nope. they both can grow considerable quick but not that quick. I say get something 1/2 size to 2/3 size height and prune accordingly. have fun with it.

yea, thats pretty short time frame..vines will grow at a much faster rate then them but youd still need one a fairly good size to start with though

thanks for the heads up. well that sucks would have been nice to buy small one for $3 or $4 instead of 20-50 for bigger sized ones

Being new, I was just reading the Live Plant Database and for Ficus it has the following:
"The leaves of the weeping fig are very sensitive to changes in light. When moved this plant will often drop most of its leaves, eventually replacing them with new leaves that are better adapted to the new light conditions."

So maybe if you give them some time indoors. Maybe if you can fit them in the cage as a second plant until they grow new leaves.

Yeah, when I put a new ficus in, they love to drop leaves, just more than likely, they'll grow them back and once they do leave them alone. They really don't like to be messed with.

Back
Top Bottom