Schefflera plant dying?

Emasse22

When I went to feed Marley I noticed that some of the leaves at the bottom of the plant were turning yellow and falling off but the ones at the top are fine. Should I be concerned? Is there anything I should do like buy a plant light or something? :(

Do you have a 6500k fluorescent build? CFL's work great and can be more concentrated over a single plant. The more watts the better

Do you have a 6500k fluorescent build? CFL's work great and can be more concentrated over a single plant. The more watts the better

Uhm no I don't but I could pick one up, and whats a CFL? If you could send me a link from amazon that would be very appreciated! :D

same thing happened to me was convinced it was due to bottom half not getting as much light so might have to be get brighter light. let the leaves drop or prune accordingly to let light to the bottom

When I went to feed Marley I noticed that some of the leaves at the bottom of the plant were turning yellow and falling off but the ones at the top are fine. Should I be concerned? Is there anything I should do like buy a plant light or something? :(

Scheffleras "self prune" those leaves and branches that don't get much light. Its the plant's way of conserving energy to the areas where the leaves will do the most good. To keep a Schefflera bushier you want to brighten up the lower areas of the plant more. I've used a single "regular" or used Reptisun tube mounted vertically down one side of the cage, or you could position another light somewhere outside the mesh that shines into the lower areas of the cage.

Also check to be sure your pot is draining OK. If the soil in the pot bottom is constantly saturated, the roots will rot and kill the plant.

Oh wow! I didnt know that they self prune themselfs, thats cool, and I just changed the uvb light today so If I hang it on the side of the cage the plant will grow thicker?

Back
Top Bottom