Schefflera Arboricola (Dwarf Umbrella Tree) help?

TyMonster

Hey everybody, I've been having a lot of trouble keeping my Umbrella plants alive in my cham enclosure.. I'm on my second one in the past few months and it really isn't looking so hot. I've done some googling and it seems they really arn't that picky just water every 10-16 days, and provide some light. It obviously has UVB and a heat bulb about 3-4 feet above it. Any body have any tips? It looks so nice in the cage for the first while and my veild just loves rippin around in it, even eating the leaves some times. It's funny he turns such a pleasant color when hes chomping on it.

Wish I had some advice, I've killed 4 so far so I finally gave up. My ficus and pothos are all very healthy but I suck with the umbrella trees.

They seem to respond to extra light compared to other house plants. Normally two tube lights of some kind and a basking light works best for me. Check your plant for new plant growth especially at the end of the branches. If the plant is dropping leaves and has not got any new growth your going to have to change your approach normally in regards to lighting. If your Schefflera has got new growth your approach is normally all good. I hope that helps! It is an asset that I have got a greenhouse as if they are dying I can save them normally.

I FOLLOW SOMEONE'S ADVICE
BOUGHT THIS
TROPISUN LIGHT]

Have you used those lights before and are they made for plants or for reptiles (Tropic Sun)? For the other question if that was for me I have never had to regularly use fertilizers inside my chameleon enclosure since I have got a greenhouse. If a plant is struggling I just put it in the greenhouse for a couple months and normally they make a complete recovery. My main problem is normally overgrowth of my plants.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom