Cloned (propagated) schefflera arboricola

Pickle-cham

Chameleon Enthusiast
Thought I'd share my little miracle variegated dwarf umbrella plant (schefflera arboricola).

It took a long time to root into water but after around 3 months finally have a baby Groot tree. Patience is needed if anyone is going to replicate this they are painfully slow growing.

1000001922.jpg

It's now potted in organic peat free medium with some worm castings, look forward to seeing this get as big as it's prime clone which is outgrowing my 4x2x2 hence why I was experimenting with the cuttings.

1000001925.jpg

Btw controversial but I think these are the best chameleon plants, the branches are sturdy and leaves hold water for ages after misting.

They certainly love the led lights when inside. I had one that had to be pruned back regularly as it grew to the top of my enclosure. It was not an easy plant to prop. Of the handful of cuttings I got only one survived and I normally do pretty well with plants.

Good luck hopefully that cutting grows nice and quick for you.

They certainly love the led lights when inside. I had one that had to be pruned back regularly as it grew to the top of my enclosure. It was not an easy plant to prop. Of the handful of cuttings I got only one survived and I normally do pretty well with plants.

Good luck hopefully that cutting grows nice and quick for you.
Yes the one in my enclosure keeps hitting the top. I even had to drop it from the suspended pot to on the floor but still grows to top mesh that one's under UV jungle dawns too. I propagated in water under a south facing window with natural light.

It's definitely growing new baby leaves look like tiny hands opening up😁

I always have such a battle with scale and schefflera, but they do make great cham plants. Their stems make great (live) branches and the leaves are great for feeding and dinking

I always have such a battle with scale and schefflera, but they do make great cham plants. Their stems make great (live) branches and the leaves are great for feeding and dinking
Funny you should say that but my first or prime clone I acquired with mealybug infestation.

I first washed with weak fairy liquid (UK equivalent of dawn) to remove sappy honeydew. I Then sprayed with diluted hydrogen peroxide every week for a month untill clear.

They must really like the schaffs

Back
Top Bottom