Scared

Twigcham

What does it mean when your chameleon shakes and seems a little weak and also walks around at the bottom but doesn't stay there just walks around

Shaking is a common characteristic of a panther chameleon going into a "defensive" behaviour. What do you mean by "a little weak" though? My two panthers don't have nearly as strong of a grip as my veiled chameleon. They don't grab on top larger surface areas as well, for example: an arm. But weakness in the limbs could also be a sign of MBD. Are you familiar with the term?
As for walking around on the bottom, it might mean that your chameleon wants to get somewhere that it can clearly see. For example, when the sun is shining through my window onto the free range I have set up for my chameleons I can tell that they are all aware of this and will often climb in that general direction. Also when I approach the enclosure all of my chameleons will suddenly be very eager to get out and up my arm. I believe that they can associate me with "treats" and sun time.

Back
Top Bottom