scared young chameleon?

swick

so yesterday I got my first cam, a nosey be. He seems pretty nervous and scared to me. I know it will take him time to get used to me and his new home, is there a time range. If I reach in his cage for anything, other than to place crickets he skitters away and clings from the ceiling of his enclosure. We had a slight mister malfunction today and I had to get in there to adjust the nozzle and mop up a big puddle that was leaking out the bottom and he seemed terrified that I was going to eat him or something. I want him relaxed and comfortable with me so that at some point I can hold him. I am new at all this. I try to give him privacy but we do use the room he is in. Is this normal in the beginning while they get used to the new place and people?

Attachments

• 10201623595777600 (1).jpg
    10201623595777600 (1).jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 136
Oh bless him. I am sure he will be fine he just has to get used to you and his new environment. I think it varies on how long this will take depending on his personality.

Very normal. When chams see us enter their cage they do think "oh no! This monster is gonna try and kill me for a meal!" but the more and more they see your hand delivering the food to them they usually come around to tolerating us, even liking us sometimes :)

Thanks. I think I am going to work on hand feeding. I know he already knows I feed him, he is calmest for me when I am giving him his crickets.

Back
Top Bottom