Scale problem-I am freaking out

Orchidartist

The is something wrong with my Mo. He has had this peice of skin from his last shed stuck on his top ridge of his back for some time....thought nothing of it...now that its coming off, and his dorsal scales are coming with it. They look like they are brittle and shriveled. There is a bunch missing that looks as if he rubbed them off on the top screen of his cage. I have never seen him rubbing his back on the top of his cage, but I am not home all day. Does it look like a burn, he has a 60W light bulb for basking, but he cant touch it or anything.

moproblem.jpg

Please help!

It does look like an old burn. I have used silvadene on my panther's thermal burns. It seems to ease the pain. I only have a 57 watt bulb in and he burned himself. The back will heal, but the spines don't.

If there is any shed left on any reptile, it cuts circulation to the skin and the skin begins to die. It doesn't look like the shed has adhered to his body... :confused: It happened to one of my Crested Geckos tails, I kept it moist, and by his next shed he was good, now I make sure to double check all of my reptiles after a shed.:) BUT as stated, it can be a burn.

u could try putting a little bit of mineral oil on a qtip and very gently whipe the area, it may help to loosen anything still stuck

Back
Top Bottom