SBCK meeting August 4

I don't think i'm going to make it this time. I'm supposed to be putting a HVAC unit in my attic tomorrow. I'm just waiting for final confirmation tonight. I'd really like to see all your Chameleons Johnny.:(

I don't think i'm going to make it this time. I'm supposed to be putting a HVAC unit in my attic tomorrow. I'm just waiting for final confirmation tonight. I'd really like to see all your Chameleons Johnny.:(

craig! you should really try to come! most of my chams are t home in westwood so i won't have them here. :(. you should try to stop by.

hi tylene!!!! :D $10 worth of medium and small ones will be great if you have any!! YES! i can't wait to see you guys here im really looking forward for saturday.:D

Sounds like fun. I'll bring the dubias and a dessert of course!

Tylene, will you have hyacinths for me? :) (anything you need from me?)

Thanks for reminding me!

Anybody else need dubias? I'm looking for some banana roaches, if anyone has any.

I'll be there......Meanypants (now known as MonkMonk, as he's learned to be nice) wants to go, be he aint got no horns.

I could use some feeders:

Steve: could you bring me your minimum count of crickets & supers please?

Tylene: I could use a few bucks worth of med/lrg dubia....trying to him interested in something other than supers and crickets perty perty please.

Kevin: if you have any extra goliath/butters/silkies, I could use a small cup of each. Also, I'll bring you that rain dome "enhancement" I told you about.

ballgame sounds fun afterwards.

see Y'all there :)

Shawn

i'll be there......meanypants (now known as monkmonk, as he's learned to be nice) wants to go, be he aint got no horns.

Steve: Could you bring me your minimum count of crickets & supers please?

Tylene: I could use a few bucks worth of med/lrg dubia....trying to him interested in something other than supers and crickets perty perty please.

Kevin: If you have any extra goliath/butters/silkies, i could use a small cup of each. Also, i'll bring you that rain dome "enhancement" i told you about.

Ballgame sounds fun afterwards.

See y'all there :)

shawn
it was abut time shawn!!!!!! I havent seen you in way too long!

I'll be there......Meanypants (now known as MonkMonk, as he's learned to be nice) wants to go, be he aint got no horns.

Steve: could you bring me your minimum count of crickets & supers please?

Kevin: if you have any extra goliath/butters/silkies, I could use a small cup of each. Also, I'll bring you that rain dome "enhancement" I told you about.

ballgame sounds fun afterwards.

see Y'all there :)

Shawn

Bring this MonkMonk character! Themes are inspirational, not restrictive :)

Howdy All,

Here are the chameleon beauty photos from today's meeting. Sorry I lost track of who's who :eek:. Toss me a PM and I'll try to edit the post and add your names and chameleon info :)

SBCK2012_08_041of9.jpg

SBCK2012_08_044of9.jpg

SBCK2012_08_048of9.jpg

SBCK2012_08_042of9.jpg

SBCK2012_08_043of9.jpg

SBCK2012_08_045of9.jpg

SBCK2012_08_046of9.jpg

SBCK2012_08_047of9.jpg

SBCK2012_08_049of9.jpg

Canon T2i DSLR, 24-105mm L f/4, 580exII flash and small Rogue Flash Bender light modifier. Edited with Adobe Lightroom 4.

Last edited:
WOW~ those are some awsome photos! if ya'll put them in the photo contest it will be impossible to vote! :)

Howdy All,

Thanks for the kind comments :eek:. Chameleons are fun to photograph but tricky too. I shot over 200 images and went through them all to pick out the few where the eyes were best looking along with the pose. Getting a full side-body pose often took the keeper plenty of effort with rotating the branch stand to get a parallel-to-the-lens position that also didn't have the chameleon's body overly blocked by branches :(. That way we could take advantage of the somewhat shallow ~2" depth-of-field used for most of those shots that were taken at f/11 with the camera ~4ft away and often set close to 100mm. I really should have switched lenses to my 100mm macro L for some of the shots since I could see a slight bit of softness in the images that the this lens would have improved a little bit :eek:. It's not visible in these webshot-sized images but if you pixel-peep the originals, you'll see it :rolleyes:.

Next time I think I'll concentrate on tight headshots and eyeshots with the macro lens and see what we can get :).

Howdy All,

Thanks for the kind comments :eek:. Chameleons are fun to photograph but tricky too. I shot over 200 images and went through them all to pick out the few where the eyes were best looking along with the pose. Getting a full side-body pose often took the keeper plenty of effort with rotating the branch stand to get a parallel-to-the-lens position that also didn't have the chameleon's body overly blocked by branches :(. That way we could take advantage of the somewhat shallow ~2" depth-of-field used for most of those shots that were taken at f/11 with the camera ~4ft away and often set close to 100mm. I really should have switched lenses to my 100mm macro L for some of the shots since I could see a slight bit of softness in the images that the this lens would have improved a little bit :eek:. It's not visible in these webshot-sized images but if you pixel-peep the originals, you'll see it :rolleyes:.

Next time I think I'll concentrate on tight headshots and eyeshots with the macro lens and see what we can get :).

Whatever happened to point and shoot?...ha! Excellent pictures Dave. One day I'll take photos almost as good as you do!

Whatever happened to point and shoot?...ha! Excellent pictures Dave. One day I'll take photos almost as good as you do!

Here's my point and shoot photos.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 86
Who is hoarding that beautiful quad and when can I have him??

I love all the pictures, but Dave great pictures are all you know how to take. Isn't is hummer season?

Back
Top Bottom