Say, "Hello" to my new T. deremensis Kids!

flash134

OK let me start off by saying that I did close to a year of research and preparation for my T. deremensis - Usambara Giant Three-horned Chameleon acquisition before actually receiving the 1.1 CB pair last week. I am not saying everyone needs to do the same but it would help clean up some of the repetitive questions people ask about on this forum before they purchase a Chameleon (which BTW is the best source of info on the web, hands down) you just got to do a search!!!!! I am an experienced Cham keeper (10 years) dating back to the CIN days (shows I'm a hippie) with T. jacksonii xantholophus and had great success. After lurking, reading, surfing and living deremensis I was lucky enough to meet laurie & luevelvet (T.R. Herp) who both have experience keeping deremensis; Thanks Guys!!!!!!! Right now I am free ranging them on a huge scheffelara & a 7' fig tree. They are voracious eaters and are already seen well adjusted to their new home. They drink when misted and are a little more active than I expected, occasionally moving between the tree and plant. They are also 100X harder to find in their tree than any other species I have seen, even when looking directly at them they somehow disappear! My cage is nearing completion and they should be in their new home soon. But in the future I intend to continue to free range them on occasion. While I am by no means an expert I continue to remain open minded to suggestions and advice. I intend to start a bog to help disseminate information regarding this truly remarkable and beautiful species. And now without any further delay I introduce to you, Camille- (1yr, 5mo. female) & Waldo (1 yr male).

Thursday 7/14/11 - Male & Female fresh out of their bag after their overnight trip from Florida.......

Dere Arrvl 7-14-11 012.jpg

Dere Arrvl 7-14-11 010.jpg

Happy Chams on the tree of Life......

Derem First weekl 7-2011 003.jpg

Derem First weekl 7-2011 011.jpg

The Free Range Area.......

Dere Arrvl 7-14-11 004.jpg

I will be posting photos of my new cage once complete so stay tune......

Thanks for looking!

Amazing! Congratulations!
And think about it, no other creature is like the chameleon. They are one of the most amazing creatures on earth!

Back
Top Bottom