Saving plants in sideways or horizontal pots

dinomom

Chameleon Enthusiast
I learned this trick the hard way.

Some of my pots are mounted almost horizontally, so that when you try to water them only the surface gets most of the water and a lot runs off; therefore dry roots and semi-dead plant :(

This works great; put a syringe casing in the pot, pushed down so it is accessing the roots, and pointing straight up so it is easy to fill with a watering can. I got them smooth in case cham steps on them and I think foliage will eventually cover them some.

PS I know my dirt is not covered this is for demo purposes

Attachments

• Pot with syringe.jpg
    Pot with syringe.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Sideways pot and syringe.jpg
    Sideways pot and syringe.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 83

Some of my pots are mounted almost horizontally, so that when you try to water them only the surface gets most of the water and a lot runs off; therefore dry roots and semi-dead plant :(

This works great; put a syringe casing in the pot, pushed down so it is accessing the roots, and pointing straight up so it is easy to fill with a watering can. I got them smooth in case cham steps on them and I think foliage will eventually cover them some.

Still good idea 👌🏻

What a cool idea! Even with a small tilt I’ve been having trouble getting my hanging plants watered deeply enough. I have a ton of 10 ml syringes so I’ll definitely be trying this. :)

Back
Top Bottom