save a chameleon

Jenschameleons

aloha everybody, I am not sure if this is allowed and I do not want to offend anyone who comes across this discussion. I am very new to this website. I am currently setting up a go fund me account for my 8 newborn Jackson chameleons. I am very still new at this chameleon keeping passion. I was recommended this website for information and support. I am doing my research with chameleon academy to help gain knowledge of these beautiful reptiles. I would greatly appreciate if you would be open to support me and my chameleons. All the information will be provided in my go fund me account. I do not ask for much even sharing goes a long way. Thank you

Welcome and you came to the right website for informational support, not sure about the financial support.

JMHO (just my humble opinion)- I find 35,000 dollars quite a large amount for the hobby (even though I have put more than that into the many years combined). Most people using gofundme don't even ask that for a death in the family.
As a Shark would say (From show Shark Tank) it does not make sense and your evaluation is off. I'm OUT!...
If you would have asked for a little assistance I would understand but (JUST BEING HONEST) in todays world there are to many Scams.

I would have given ya 10 bucks but I think the minimum was 20. Sorry!

Sorry for feeling this way but the facts are the facts..

Plus, in Hawaii they are an invasive species.. Having lived there for 4 years was like being in Jackson Heaven.. Love the animals but the babies would do fine being left alone or not bred there. I understand it was probably a gravid female purchased or found and I would have done the same thing by taking her in but it is my hobby and my financial responsibility.. Not intended to be rude and it could be mistaken that way. Good luck and maybe others will be more generous.. (y)

Adding some additional context, I was the one who suggested the OP ask for help here. They had DM'd me asking to share their link on my social platforms but thought they would be better off asking for help here. I cannot vouch for the legitimacy of this, but let's not be so quick to jump to conclusions. We know tons of people who get surprised by baby Jackson's and we are all aware of the cost associated with raising baby chams. @Jenschameleons perhaps you can share your shopping list of supplies you are trying to buy and the community can give some input on the best places to shop and ways to save some money. I think some insight into how you came up with the dollar amount you're asking for might help ease some worries.

I find it completely inappropriate and will not agree with anyone saying otherwise... or apologize for my tone lol... Earn your own damn money or give them up! There's good members here who could have used GoFundMe's for things, but they don't ask. Honestly IMO this should be against the rules.

I'm out before all the bleeding hearts pour in to play devil's advocate 😅 peace

WOW! Just went on a 1/2 hour typing trip only to delete almost all. It is not my place to teach morals and ethics here.

35,000?

So maybe the post was started a little misleading and we know how important 1st impressions are..

I am answering since I was the 1st to start the doubt but I am also capable of changing my mind with more info.

But, as you know animals cost money and without sponsors or other forms of income it can be life long expensive.

So, maybe it is good to figure things out first (knowing accidents happen). It was great advice you gave but not sure it will work. I hope I am wrong. Believe me-- I donate to many different causes, Vets, homeless, strangers, people in line at supermarket that don't have the money on the food card, Global Conservation and if I am "just inspired".

Hobbies are a different category..

I pray other will help but not my cup of tea.. If you watch Shark Tank-----" For those reasons, I am out".

Love your videos (y) :)

Hi everybody, I am truly sorry for the trouble I have caused. I am not using this platform as my own financial support or selfish reason. I am from hawai'i and I have to order everything from online. we do not have dollar stores that you have access to. I am currently working three jobs to have enough to stay ahead. I am not here for you pity just thought I could use the help. I understand 35000 is a lot. it was just an estimated guess due to dragon strand cages and the proper accessories that come with the cage.
I will be posting updates on these 8 baby chameleon, just to put ease on everyone on this trouble I have caused. I truly apologize from the bottom of my heart to everyone of you I have offended. I also have a instagram you can follow me if you would like to see these baby chameleons enviornment live and direct.
|7'
{}||||Also posting some pics of your current set up can help verify the legitimacy of the ask and allow the opportunity for people to provide some feedback and suggestions.
I find it completely inappropriate and will not agree with anyone saying otherwise... or apologize for my tone lol... Earn your own damn money or give them up! There's good members here who could have used GoFundMe's for things, but they don't ask. Honestly IMO this should be against the rules.

Or 2 Smart cars... hee hee Had to share this- I was at a Walmart a few years back (yes I shop there) and was reading the Smart car logo..
They replaced it with Smarta$$, with a logo that looked like the real one.. Clever!
Welcome and you came to the right website for informational support, not sure about the financial support.

JMHO (just my humble opinion)- I find 35,000 dollars quite a large amount for the hobby (even though I have put more than that into the many years combined). Most people using gofundme don't even ask that for a death in the family.
As a Shark would say (From show Shark Tank) it does not make sense and your evaluation is off. I'm OUT!...
If you would have asked for a little assistance I would understand but (JUST BEING HONEST) in todays world there are to many Scams.

I would have given ya 10 bucks but I think the minimum was 20. Sorry!

Sorry for feeling this way but the facts are the facts..

Plus, in Hawaii they are an invasive species.. Having lived there for 4 years was like being in Jackson Heaven.. Love the animals but the babies would do fine being left alone or not bred there. I understand it was probably a gravid female purchased or found and I would have done the same thing by taking her in but it is my hobby and my financial responsibility.. Not intended to be rude and it could be mistaken that way. Good luck and maybe others will be more generous.. (y)

No Biggy--- Maybe 350.00 would have been more understandable. We live and learn.

This experience is important and glad you posted even though it went the way it did..

I can be a pain in the ____ but my intentions are always positive (in my eyes) Kind of like parents giving lectures and then you do with the information what you will.

There is lots of good we can still do.

Air hugs to everyone (y)

aloha everybody, I am not sure if this is allowed and I do not want to offend anyone who comes across this discussion. I am very new to this website. I am currently setting up a go fund me account for my 8 newborn Jackson chameleons. I am very still new at this chameleon keeping passion. I was recommended this website for information and support. I am doing my research with chameleon academy to help gain knowledge of these beautiful reptiles. I would greatly appreciate if you would be open to support me and my chameleons. All the information will be provided in my go fund me account. I do not ask for much even sharing goes a long way. Thank you https://gofund.me/405e029d
Oh my… does each baby get a all inclusive trip to aspen??, most definitely not the hobby for you if your looking for handouts, ive sunk a whole lotta hard earned cash into my reptiles and haven’t thought once about asking others to pay for it.

aloha everybody, I am not sure if this is allowed and I do not want to offend anyone who comes across this discussion. I am very new to this website. I am currently setting up a go fund me account for my 8 newborn Jackson chameleons. I am very still new at this chameleon keeping passion. I was recommended this website for information and support. I am doing my research with chameleon academy to help gain knowledge of these beautiful reptiles. I would greatly appreciate if you would be open to support me and my chameleons. All the information will be provided in my go fund me account. I do not ask for much even sharing goes a long way. Thank you https://gofund.me/405e029d
This is a place for information ℹ️ not to ask for money, that is insane $35,000?! If you can’t afford the hobby please find someone who can financially care for them

Pretty sure go fund me accounts are an iffy subject in the forum, they are very rarely aloud.

Maybe not the best place to come in and try to get people to give you money. We do not know you.
I apologize i truly do, i did not mean to offend the reptile community, this was not my intention.

Oh my… does each baby get a all inclusive trip to aspen??, most definitely not the hobby for you if your looking for handouts, ive sunk a whole lotta hard earned cash into my reptiles and haven’t thought once about asking others to pay for it.
I was not looking for handouts this was not my intention. I just wanted to get a proper set up for the chameleons because i know they are not allowed to be caged for together. i apologize to offend anyone

This is a place for information ℹ️ not to ask for money, that is insane $35,000?! SCAM & REPORT
I apologize, I was referred here by neptunethechameleon. I am very new here and i justed wanted to be able to buy them a proper set up. it was just an estimated guess due the the cages and proper accessories

I apologize i truly do, i did not mean to offend the reptile community, this was not my intention.
It is fine. I took no offense like some have...

I just gave you a ton of links... In the forum search function look up baby bins... This should pull how others separate their young using the bin method. much cheaper while you figure out your budget.

Do not think about purchasing the Lexus of cham cages... Look at reptibreeze cages. Modify as you need to. But these will be cheaper for you to set up. 4 foot long UVB lights to span two cages at a time instead of individuals for each cage. There are ways to cut cost without compromising the health or husbandry of the cham. :)

It is fine. I took no offense like some have...

I just gave you a ton of links... In the forum search function look up baby bins... This should pull how others separate their young using the bin method. much cheaper while you figure out your budget.

Do not think about purchasing the Lexus of cham cages... Look at reptibreeze cages. Modify as you need to. But these will be cheaper for you to set up. 4 foot long UVB lights to span two cages at a time instead of individuals for each cage. There are ways to cut cost without compromising the health or husbandry of the cham. :)
I would love to do one on one with you if you are open to it. You have been helpful and pretty much understanding about my situation. this is the state my 8 chameleons are in and I know I will probably get a lot of backlash but this is what I can do with the budget that I do have and living off of.

Attachments

• IMG_2799.jpg
    IMG_2799.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 108
Back
Top Bottom