Sansi 70W grow light - STACKING coupons!

Sorry, 48w was for 12v systems :( .

Directly from the storm x manual.
View attachment 255753

Right but read that email again. There seems to be a disconnect between us.

Yes the cloud Feature, has Clouds and Lightning Combined. However its a simple On or Off Feature. You cannot say Schedule a storm at 12pm, and run the misters at 12pm as well. The storms go off either randomly, (of which you can program probability) or via location base. You can not choose when a storm will happen.

Edit: Reread that manual lol, it says exactly what I just did. You set it 0-10, that determines the odds of a Cloud/Storm, in that 24 hour cycle, any time the lights are on there is a 0-100% chance there will be a storm that "Day" but that is NOT a time based thing, where you can say 100% chance to storm at noon.

So you cannot line up the storm with the misters, therefore IMO completely worthless. I have went through all of them with the Planted Tank Guys, the TC420 is hands down the best controller outside of an Apex. The Storm is extremely limited for its hefty price tag, it does calculations and what not, for "Smooth Ramping" and allows very little control of what you want your channels to do. Its a "Smart Controller" that takes the power out of your hands, and does what its "Smartness" says is best.

My next question to Coralux, was on the forums, later. I asked them if I could "dim the channels then" so as to warn the chameleon of the impending rain. That was when I was told that would require a second "Sunset" and "Sundown" ramp timers, which are also not a feature.

If you just want the lights to Smartly rise and Fall, go with the storm. If you want to control what your channels do and when they do it, then go with a TC 420 or an Apex. Depending on channel count BTW, a TC420 could literally automate your entire setup.

If you were to just use 2 channels, White and Red, (6500k and 2700k in my case) you could run those, your basking light, your Flo and your mister all from the TC420.

Last edited:
Right but read that email again. There seems to be a disconnect between us.

Yes the cloud Feature, has Clouds and Lightning Combined. However its a simple On or Off Feature. You cannot say Schedule a storm at 12pm, and run the misters at 12pm as well. The storms go off either randomly, (of which you can program probability) or via location base. You can not choose when a storm will happen.

Gotcha now, no not to time it with a mister. Would it not be open source code though being arduino based?

Gotcha now, no not to time it with a mister. Would it not be open source code though being arduino based?

So I am a little hazy, on this. There is quite a few of these things about.

There is the

Storm/Storm X
The Bluefish/Bluefish Mini
The Hurricane/Hurricane X. (A storm X clone)

They are all Arduino Based, of the 3 if I remember correctly only the Hurricane/Hurricane X were open. That was partly why it was made, the general consensus from the DIY LED Guys was that Coralux treating them like they were stupid, then locked it down to boot.

Bluefish locks theirs down, but it's way more advanced, and doesn't have 3 printed casing lol :p. It's more of a commercial feeling product, and has marketed connectors for commerical Lights, that are pre built and advertise "Bluefish Control".

Last I spoke with Steve's LEDs (Hurricane) they were working on new firmware that would have Programmable Storms.

They offered to let me beta test it even, they were very polite people, very nice to do business with. My dealings with Coralux, the email was a flat answer, and their demeanor on the forum (I forget which it was a reef forum) was almost as bad as the Apex guys.

BTW the Apex guys said and this isn't exaggerating.

"We are not going to partake in this discussion, our product is for reef keepers only, not Fresh Water and Definitely not Reptiles, look at another system thanks."

I was floored. Do not support that company. I am honestly amazed they are still in business. The people on their forums we're not too bad, except the mod who closed and deleted a thread, that myself and a few others brought up reptiles in. They have serious issues.

Last edited:
So I am a little hazy, on this. There is quite a few of these things about.

There is the

Storm/Storm X
The Bluefish/Bluefish Mini
The Hurricane/Hurricane X. (A storm X clone)

They are all Arduino Based, of the 3 if I remember correctly only the Hurricane/Hurricane X were open. That was partly why it was made, the general consensus from the DIY LED Guys was that Coralux treating them like they were stupid, then locked it down to boot.

Bluefish locks theirs down, but it's way more advanced, and doesn't have 3 printed casing lol :p. It's more of a commercial feeling product, and has marketed connectors for commerical Lights, that are pre built and advertise "Bluefish Control".

Last I spoke with Steve's LEDs (Hurricane) they were working on new firmware that would have Programmable Storms.

They offered to let me beta test it even, they were very polite people, very nice to do business with. My dealings with Coralux, the email was a flat answer, and their demeanor on the forum (I forget which it was a reef forum) was almost as bad as the Apex guys.

BTW the Apex guys said and this isn't exaggerating.

"We are not going to partake in this discussion, our product is for reef keepers only, not Fresh Water and Definitely not Reptiles, look at another system thanks."

I was floored. Do not support that company. I am honestly amazed they are still in business. The people on their forums we're not too bad, except the mod who closed and deleted a thread, that myself and a few others brought up reptiles in. They have serious issues.

If it's open then I'd think one could modify the code to trigger a second channel for the pump during the cloud/ lightning cycle. I'm beyond rusty with ifft but pretty sure I've seen similar code posted somewhere.

If it's open then I'd think one could modify the code to trigger a second channel for the pump during the cloud/ lightning cycle. I'm beyond rusty with ifft but pretty sure I've seen similar code posted somewhere.

Yes, but then your misting randomly throughout the day. Which is not ideal, can't kick off your heat lamp during the misting ect.

Yes, but then your misting randomly throughout the day. Which is not ideal, can't kick off your heat lamp during the misting ect.

Well, the code would be modified for specified times for clouds/ lightning releaving that problem lol. For some reason I feel like the bantem earth build did this with a scratch built controller.

Well, the code would be modified for specified times for clouds/ lightning releaving that problem lol. For some reason I feel like the bantem earth build did this with a scratch built controller.

Ya it's def doable with a scratch build.

I have been toying with that idea as well. Doing my own build, but I don't really have the time.

I'm not sure if the Lightning is really a good idea anyway. We have captive bred Animals, and even WCs surely don't like flashing lights.

Cloud over would be cool, if you had a build that supported it (enough LEDs to make the cover look right).

Speaking of LEDs y'all got me intrigued with those boards. Any high CRI 5000/6500k models that are 24 volts?

I really like the light, Larry sometimes uses it for basking. My only complaint is I wish the board was bigger
You’re using the 70w for Larry’s enclosure? Do you have it sitting on top of the cage or hanging above? I bought one for each of my chams but am scared to use as it’s so very bright. :wideyed:

You’re using the 70w for Larry’s enclosure? Do you have it sitting on top of the cage or hanging above? I bought one for each of my chams but am scared to use as it’s so very bright. :wideyed:

Your good dude :). I am running 220ws of LEDs on my cage, 40k lumens, so 10 of these lights worth on a 24 deep by 48 wide :).

My cham actually uses them to bask sometimes too, he has a Arcadia Deep Heat, that he uses usually in the morning (its in the center of the 2 LED fixtures) then later though the day, he will just climb a branch that gets him 4 inches or so from the screen and bask there under the COB :p.

The Sun is like 100k lumens in Madagascar on a Sunny Day.

Your good dude :). I am running 220ws of LEDs on my cage, 40k lumens, so 10 of these lights worth on a 24 deep by 48 wide :).

My cham actually uses them to bask sometimes too, he has a Arcadia Deep Heat, that he uses usually in the morning (its in the center of the 2 LED fixtures) then later though the day, he will just climb a branch that gets him 4 inches or so from the screen and bask there under the COB :p.

The Sun is like 100k lumens in Madagascar on a Sunny Day.
Awesome! Thanks for the reassurance. (y):)

I have it sitting on top my cage right now because I haven’t cried to my husband Enough to hang them for me. He thinks I’ll break my arm if I try to do it myself :rolleyes:

here is a pic of the cage with the light 53C0F189-BBE3-4127-B67F-3F3B1EC5C6DD.jpeg

also I just bought a quad to replace my dual hood so I can take away my basking lamp and just us the hood as well as the led for the basking

I have it sitting on top my cage right now because I haven’t cried to my husband Enough to hang them for me. He thinks I’ll break my arm if I try to do it myself :rolleyes:

here is a pic of the cage with the lightView attachment 255781

also I just bought a quad to replace my dual hood so I can take away my basking lamp and just us the hood as well as the led for the basking

Whats larry’s basking temp with that setup, do you think? Im losing my mind trying to keep charlie in the sweet spot and am so paranoid about burns. I’d love to ditch the incandescent for his cage. The other cages are no prob since everyone is 80-85

Whats larry’s basking temp with that setup, do you think? Im losing my mind trying to keep charlie in the sweet spot and am so paranoid about burns. I’d love to ditch the incandescent for his cage. The other cages are no prob since everyone is 80-85
I’ll run tests and let you know, I use halogen bulbs and they get so hot I’m also nervous about burns. What temp is Charlie’s sweet spot? Larry likes it in the high 90s makes me nervous but if I don’t keep it that hit he will screen climb

I’ll run tests and let you know, I use halogen bulbs and they get so hot I’m also nervous about burns. What temp is Charlie’s sweet spot? Larry likes it in the high 90s makes me nervous but if I don’t keep it that hit he will screen climb

Charlies reading around 85 which lets him get up to 90. (Branch is angled). He darkens up but other areas lighten which make me think hes overheating... but no he’s just crazy.

Charlies reading around 85 which lets him get up to 90. (Branch is angled). He darkens up but other areas lighten which make me think hes overheating... but no he’s just crazy.
Larry does the same thing witch worries me, I have a dimmable hood so when I think he’s getting to hot I turn down the heat but then he will move to the led light

One of my panthers is like this. He LOVES the heat. He sits in direct afternoon sun. His skin reads 90+ with my heat gun (within .3 accuracy). He sits under his basking light and will stand on his back legs and "pray" as close to the heat as possible.

My other male, the Faly boy, is a creature of comforts. Anything over about 78F and he doesn't sit still. If I put him in the sunshine hes ok for about 1-2 mins and is off to the shade. Even when he is in the enclosure he prefers to be in his money tree than the side where its "warm" - unless of course he's trying to escape!

My females also vary. Most of them spend some time basking and retreat, repeat. My MBD girl spends most her time near the lamp, or within about 6" of it. If the ambient temps are high enough she ventured to the opposite side. She only ventured lower to lay and poop.

Some like it hot! Some don't. My WC is probably the most picky though... I'm not sure what she even wants - and im not sure she does either. She's interesting to watch and learn from though!

here is a pic of the cage with the lightView attachment 255781

Soooo...I’m guessing you already tried to hang them yourself. :wideyed:
Hope your arm is healing nicely. :love:

Back
Top Bottom