Sansi 70W grow light - STACKING coupons!

I signed up for their email newsletter, and occassionally there's good stuff in there... but if you follow them on Facebook they post all sorts of promo codes and giveaways. They were even giving away free bulbs (like regular lamp bulbs) the other day.
Can you keep me up to date on those fb post since I don’t own one?

Make sure we order them first before everyone else knows. Or else they will be sold out by the time the world is aware lol.

I was going with CSI uses black lights for blood trails, but now you have me thinking... Might wanna check your source of PB lol.

@snitz427 @JoXie411 and anyone else that bought the 70watt grow light how are these doing for you a month later? Do you have them over an enclosure or are they too bright for that? They are 54 dollars right now and I think I’m gonna pick one up but just curious how you they’re doing for you folks. Thanks!

See I like that its small! Im using it for plants right now as I havent gotten around to redoing the cham lights. They are so bright that I was in mybackyard and marveled at how bright the moonlight was... and then i realized it was the sansi light shining thru my kitchen curtains and illuminating my back yard! :oops::p

I just got a promo from Sansi for the 60w, which has a weird design.... but its 70% off. So for $16 I’ll take that bet and try it on my free range! Go to amazon, search for 60w sansi grow led... check box for amazon’s 20% off coupon, and use code GROW60WW for an additional 50% off.

SANSI 60W Daylight Full Spectrum LED Grow Light Bulb, Foldable Sunlike LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants, Plant Light for Hydroponic Greenhouses, Houseplants, Vegetable Tobacco, Sunlight White E26 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082MBRJ2R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lr1fEbFYJ6G8A

Omg I’m buying it!! I need one for the plants in living room and $17 why not. The black light I got for $6 is still packaged away lol

Omg I’m buying it!! I need one for the plants in living room and $17 why not. The black light I got for $6 is still packaged away lol

I used the blacklights for a "yeti cave" for our office's holiday office decorating contest. So they've practically paid for themselves! At least that's the story I'm sticking to.

Personally I'd skip the one you posted for this application if that helps lol. I don't have a sensi but ik snitz427 likes them. Without knowing what angle lenses are used, it's hard to say how much hotspot you're getting with them. 3950lm also is pretty low for 70w, makes me wonder what combo of driver and led they are using as the pool bulbs put out that amount give or take with 40w. There is the hlg65 which pulls 65w and is 10,000 lumens (doesn't really mean much on it's own though) and the hlg 100 which pulls 95w and is 15,000 lumens. Both are prebuilt hang up, plug in and go if you're hung up on the diy side of using them though lol.

My first thought looking at these, and sorry for way late Reply I was AFK.

That Lumens per Watt is Atrocious, its actually worse than t5s, but quite alot. Keep in mind a 48t5ho consumes 54 watts and for that sends out 4500 lumens. The downside to T5s, IMO, is they cannot be dimmed (neither can this) and they are not very efficient (they are more than this though lol) and they only put how high 80s, in CRI, like 87, 88. This isnt much better. Had I to choose, 2 of these, or 4 24 inch t5hos, I would take the T5s. 1 of my Vero CoBs puts out double that light for 50ws.

Well, basically after looking at the storm/x, the regular storm is what would be needed for the hlg dimming. It does have clouds, storms, ramp up ramp down (aka sunrise/ sunset).

To save going through the trouble of coralux direct...

https://www.rapidled.com/storm-w-10v-converter/

Edit 2: reading the manual on the hurricaneX, it also does clouds and storms but has 16 controllable channels should you want to control that many lol.

Im probally way late with this. However hopefully can save people in the future. The Storm does not do what you guys think it does. It does do storms and clouds, however it does so based on local weather patterns, not at programmed intervals.

To that end, there is a MUCH Cheaper option that will do everything the Storm X will (except the location based storms) simpler, and MUCH cheaper. Check out the Tc420 for basic controls.

See I like that its small! Im using it for plants right now as I havent gotten around to redoing the cham lights. They are so bright that I was in mybackyard and marveled at how bright the moonlight was... and then i realized it was the sansi light shining thru my kitchen curtains and illuminating my back yard! :oops::p

I just got a promo from Sansi for the 60w, which has a weird design.... but its 70% off. So for $16 I’ll take that bet and try it on my free range! Go to amazon, search for 60w sansi grow led... check box for amazon’s 20% off coupon, and use code GROW60WW for an additional 50% off.

SANSI 60W Daylight Full Spectrum LED Grow Light Bulb, Foldable Sunlike LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants, Plant Light for Hydroponic Greenhouses, Houseplants, Vegetable Tobacco, Sunlight White E26 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082MBRJ2R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lr1fEbFYJ6G8A

Wow! That’s a crazy good deal, I just ordered one too. Thanks very much Natalie!

Purchased!!

I NEEDED more grow bulbs. $15 you just can't pass. Thanks for the code, you're the best!

My first thought looking at these, and sorry for way late Reply I was AFK.

That Lumens per Watt is Atrocious, its actually worse than t5s, but quite alot. Keep in mind a 48t5ho consumes 54 watts and for that sends out 4500 lumens. The downside to T5s, IMO, is they cannot be dimmed (neither can this) and they are not very efficient (they are more than this though lol) and they only put how high 80s, in CRI, like 87, 88. This isnt much better. Had I to choose, 2 of these, or 4 24 inch t5hos, I would take the T5s. 1 of my Vero CoBs puts out double that light for 50ws.

Im probally way late with this. However hopefully can save people in the future. The Storm does not do what you guys think it does. It does do storms and clouds, however it does so based on local weather patterns, not at programmed intervals.

To that end, there is a MUCH Cheaper option that will do everything the Storm X will (except the location based storms) simpler, and MUCH cheaper. Check out the Tc420 for basic controls.
No sir, you are not too late. Since I knew I was going to be moving (this weekend) I have delayed the purchasing of my LED boards and controller(s). I welcome any and all insight still! I probably won't be taking the plunge for another month or so. Thanks for the tip.

Downside to the tc420 if I've understood what I've read in the past is it's max is 240w @48w max per channel. That wont run the qb120 at max let alone the qb132.

The storm x "cloud/ lightning" settings aren't location based either lol. You set the frequency of clouds from 0-10 and it randomly generates the lightning effects during the "cloudy" phase.

Downside to the tc420 if I've understood what I've read in the past is it's max is 240w @48w max per channel. That wont run the qb120 at max let alone the qb132.

The storm x "cloud/ lightning" settings aren't location based either lol. You set the frequency of clouds from 0-10 and it randomly generates the lightning effects during the "cloudy" phase.

Not sure who told you that, the Tc420 can output 4 amps per channel. More if you modify it. That would be 96Ws, per channel. It will run the one he linked just fine. It will not run the QB132, as that is a 36v panel, what it will run however is any meanwell driver, some harder than others, but offers 5v PWM (can be modified to 10v PWM, just like the storm) and can do 0-10v control, as well as the ability to shut your Flo on and off via a relay (this cannot be done with the storm).

As to the Storm Feature, have you verified that yourself? Coralux themselves told me that you cannot schedule lightning it is Location based only. Cloud cover you can do though. That was some time ago, and it may have changed, thats why I asked.

I confused the Storm, with the "Hurricane" the Hurricane Controller, will allow clouds not Lightning, the storm X allows neither, or didnt when I spoke with them.

Storm.png

I have personally settled on a TC420, the ability to turn on and off my Flo and Basking lights with the TC420 was a HUGE advantage, and settled to just dimming the lights for cloud over. If all your channels are white, you could do clouds in the TC420, its point control system, is Vastly superior to any other controller I have looked at. Pretty amazing seeing its SUPER cheap. I have thought about doing the clouds, its as easy as a second TC420, as I have 4 white COBs, and the Blue Channel and the Red Channel, I would need 2 TC420s to pull it off.

Last edited:
Not sure who told you that, the Tc420 can output 4 amps per channel. More if you modify it. That would be 96Ws, per channel. It will run the one he linked just fine. It will not run the QB132, as that is a 36v panel, what it will run however is any meanwell driver, some harder than others, but offers 5v PWM (can be modified to 10v PWM, just like the storm) and can do 0-10v control, as well as the ability to shut your Flo on and off via a relay (this cannot be done with the storm).

As to the Storm Feature, have you verified that yourself? Coralux themselves told me that you cannot schedule lightning it is Location based only. Cloud cover you can do though. That was some time ago, and it may have changed, thats why I asked.

Sorry, 48w was for 12v systems :( .

Directly from the storm x manual.
Screenshot_20200109-201849.png

Back
Top Bottom