Sanitation and cleaning.

Zymurgy9

Hello everyone. I am in the process of setting up my first cage, and I have picked up a wreath and broken it down to smaller sticks. What is the best way to sanitize it? Also, same with the fake and live(pothos) plants/vines.

Hello! I just spray down live plants with boiling water in a hand pump mister to get them "clean". I use vines and branches from outside and don't "sanatize" them at all. Now a store bought wreath I would. I've heard they can be dropped in boiling water, and this will loosen them up so you can position them however you like. This would also probably clean any "weird" chemicals or whatever may be on it.

I have a easy way to clean plants. I put a bit of dish soap on my hands, rub the leaves & other plant parts between my hands, rinse and the plant has had the uck washed off without hurting it. I bake sticks in the oven befor use, but I have no idea how that would work for your wearth. If the stick is ti big to bake, I spray it with novaasan to disinfect it then just spray it off. I use the same stuff to clean my cages.

if your want to sanitize large pieces of wood and stuff from outside, u can let it soak in a bath tub with some bleach in the water, it will kill any fungus etc. or parasites/eggs that may have been laid in the wood, rinse it, and make sure it doesn't smell like bleach anymore and let it dry.

Thank you everyone for the advice. Im super excited to get my first chameleon, I've been doing my homework for some time now.

-Baylor

Back
Top Bottom