Does this look suitable for my male veiled chameleon

Benjivieldcham

Multiple live plants with live moss, I also have real and fake vines as well. I honestly just want to know if it’s good enough for my little dude!!! It’s my first custom built cage, it’s enclosure is roughly 4ft x 4ft x 3ft

Attachments

• IMG_0335.jpeg
    IMG_0335.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0333.jpeg
    IMG_0333.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 3
So much room for your guy!! Minimum size is 2x2x4 so that’s awesome! I would suggest removing the colored lights and stick with plain white as the colored ones can hurt their eyes. If you want, I can give you the form for a full husbandry review.

So much room for your guy!! Minimum size is 2x2x4 so that’s awesome! I would suggest removing the colored lights and stick with plain white as the colored ones can hurt their eyes. If you want, I can give you the form for a full husbandry review.
That would be amazing, I always have room to learn more about this subject, the colored light is a plant light, would I be safe to remove said light and my plants remain healthy?

That would be amazing, I always have room to learn more about this subject, the colored light is a plant light, would I be safe to remove said light and my plants remain healthy?
I’m the wrong one to ask about plants 😅 between my brown thumb and my chams habit of munching plants, they don’t live long in my enclosure 😂 here’s the form. Copy, paste and fill in as much as you can. I’m sure others will be along soon that can help with the plants.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Hi and welcome. :) The colored lights have already been mentioned. What type and strength of uvb are you using? The size of your enclosure is great! The artificial plants will need to go. Our veiled friends enjoy nibbling their plants, so artificial ones pose a high risk for a bowel obstruction if eaten. If you place a pothos plant down low or on the floor of your enclosure and have it growing upwards, the leaves will grow very large, which is super cool.

Back
Top Bottom