Same questions, Calumma nasuta??

Littlehorn

Back a week ago, I seeked advice for the identification of a new pair of Calummas I reserved for a few months. But back then, I did not include clear pictures back at that post.

After inspecting the newly arrived pair for the past week. I discovered that they might actually not a paired up animal, instead they are 2 different sub-species. So again I took my camera out and do my best to take some close up pictures.

Hopefully you guys could help me identified the animal for me, as I will be quite pissed if I discover they are not the same sub-species, and I need to send them back to the shop ASAP. (The problem is, I had placed my papers for the permit to allow me to keep the animal in HKG. If somehow they are different thing from what I stated in the papers, I'll be in deep trouble.)

So I beg someone can help me

Attachments

• Male01.jpg
    Male01.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Male02.jpg
    Male02.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Female01.jpg
    Female01.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Female02.jpg
    Female02.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 143
Hi,

these are definitely Calumma nasuta!
Do you have a couple?
Where did you get them?
I have 1.2 Calumma nasuta

Hi,

these are definitely Calumma nasuta!
Do you have a couple?
Where did you get them?
I have 1.2 Calumma nasuta

Please take at the 1st two pictures, thatz the male and I discovered it has a flap on hez neck... I went through all the photos on the web, and not one C. nasuta has flap on their neck, thatz why I got everything mixed up.
(I actually see the male have his flap up, shaking and then bobbing his head a little bit when I place him close to the female)

Sometimes it really sucks being in the US. Awesome looking Chams!!

Well, you can't really say that. You guys have some nice breeds of Panthers, ball pythons, beardies, etc... we can't even get them! Even if we have all the papers work out, some US breeders just ain't willing to ship them out.

lol

So Calumma nasuta definitely have no flaps!
In the photos, you can not see well, unfortunately, you can perhaps others do, where you can see it better?

these are definitely Calumma nasuta![/QUOTE

probably you don't know calumma very well,because they are not same species.

first one is calumma boettgeri male(and it havn't good healt)
second one probably is calumma nasutum female,but for sure ID whe need better pics and relax color.It can be calumma gallus too for example.

So I just watched the second image of the male and endeckt their doors. I also think that it is boettgeri. The female could really be a nasuta ... .

these are definitely Calumma nasuta![/QUOTE

probably you don't know calumma very well,because they are not same species.

first one is calumma boettgeri male(and it havn't good healt)
second one probably is calumma nasutum female,but for sure ID whe need better pics and relax color.It can be calumma gallus too for example.

Yes, the male has some problem fitting in. I use glass terrariums instead of custom cages like the ones I have for other Calummas.

The male, I checked the for parasite and skin problem, but up till now found none. It eats 3-4 crix (2-4mm) every 2 days. drinks a lot of water and move around a lot. But from the tail, I see it is dehydrated. I just dunno why. (I have all the basic tools, misters, lights, plants, etc.) and I don't wanna give him Panacur until he fits into the new cage.

I tried to get a photo of the relaxed female, she has been a bit suspicious about me, and as soon as I move my camera a bit closeer, she became very dark..but if I'm a meter away and standing still, she has a bluish green tint.

I think the male of your photo is Calumma boettgeri and the female of the other two photos is Calumma nasuta.

Yes, the male has some problem fitting in. I use glass terrariums instead of custom cages like the ones I have for other Calummas.

The male, I checked the for parasite and skin problem, but up till now found none. It eats 3-4 crix (2-4mm) every 2 days. drinks a lot of water and move around a lot. But from the tail, I see it is dehydrated. I just dunno why. (I have all the basic tools, misters, lights, plants, etc.) and I don't wanna give him Panacur until he fits into the new cage.

I tried to get a photo of the relaxed female, she has been a bit suspicious about me, and as soon as I move my camera a bit closeer, she became very dark..but if I'm a meter away and standing still, she has a bluish green tint.
I prefer screen cage for this animals ......screen cage whit dense vegetations...panacur whitout fecal examination isn't good idea, because many parasite need other drugs.in my experience in this case very often antibiotic have good effect.sorry for my english.....

I prefer screen cage for this animals ......screen cage whit dense vegetations...panacur whitout fecal examination isn't good idea, because many parasite need other drugs.in my experience in this case very often antibiotic have good effect.sorry for my english.....

You are right, Franklin. I just don't wanna use any medication before I can really identify what the problem is.

I'm already using a lots of plants, up to the point, I have to stand in front of the cage for 5mins to find out where he is.

I already gave him a dose of liquid calcium every 4th day, and NutriBAC and Nutrobal every 3rd feeding.

Just to confirm what Franklin has already said, the male has clear occipital lobes and is a Calumma boettgeri. The female does not have the occipital lobes and appears to be a Calumma nasutum (note that "nasuta" is not the correct spelling of this species), however, female Calumma gallus are very similar so additional photos will help definitely ID her.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom