SAFE WOOD FOR CHAM HABITAT

If you want an attractive cage you can convert an existing piece of furniture from a garage sale or good will into a great cage. It will take some work but won't require the same level of carpentry skills.

I thought about that, but I don’t have a vehicle that a piece of furniture would fit in. Also, getting rid of the glass made me nervous. My build right now is going great. I really appreciate your idea though. I’d love to eventually convert a piece of furniture.

I’m not sure what a viv is. Lol! I’ve got most of my enclosure together and it’s working great! The hardware cloth wire is going to be perfect and will keep the curious kitty out for sure. I really appreciate all of your help. You have no idea how much stress you took away! Haha!
Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

Just out of curiosity, what is your plan to ensure proper drainage?

The dripper will drip down to a bowl. I’ll probably use hydro balls or puppy pads under some squishy cabinet liner with holes. I could eventually cut a hole in the bottom of my enclosure with plumbing and a bucket under it.

Just a word of caution, my first cage I built had a wooden bottom, sealed, with plastic glued overtop and silicone on the seams and it eventually started to leak and then swell. Recently replaced it with a freshly built cage with a completely different drainage tray design, but still made out of wood.

Back
Top Bottom